Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where have all the Commodores gone?

Krispy_Crumbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF series 2 Redline
Almost finished a trip from the Blue Mountains up to Brisbane/GC for 5 nights and I've seen may be 6 Commodores the whole way. I've seen just 2 on the Highway and one was in a parking lot. It's like they have evaporated. My VE Omega is a great long distance car. Quiet, long wheelbase, totally predictable handling, efficient (8.2/100) including coming back via the New England Hwy. So much better than a hard riding, jiggly suspension SUV or Ute.

The only Commodore sedan I've seen on the highway was a seen better days VT. It's got me beat.

Honestly, I've seen more Teslas than Commodores of any series at all.

FYI, I also watched the Odo tick over 395,000K. yesterday.
Not any problem here, I live in Victoria and every time I go down to woolies I see a bunch of VEs and VFs. A couple of HSVs here and there if I get lucky as well.

There are like 5 commodores parked in driveways on my street, a V8 on the nature strip as well...

Now with holden gone, I honestly see more V8's on the road, puts a smile on my face every time.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
We've got two plasmas and two laptops.
o_O

I also still own a plasma, only had to fix it once but most people would have binned it. Same as I still have a commodore!

my neighbours? 4k whatevers and some volkswagen thingamy - this is the point the general population consume relentlessly.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
We have two desktop PCs here, two laptops, 2 tablets and 4 TVs, was 5 TVs before the mother in law moved out.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Not any problem here, I live in Victoria and every time I go down to woolies I see a bunch of VEs and VFs. A couple of HSVs here and there if I get lucky as well.

There are like 5 commodores parked in driveways on my street, a V8 on the nature strip as well...

Now with holden gone, I honestly see more V8's on the road, puts a smile on my face every time.
Yeah, VE's and VF's are everywhere though the VT/VX is starting to get rare, I see more AU's!