Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where have all the Commodores gone?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i tried to own a ford as my first car.... poor thing didnt make 24 hrs before a tree got in its road :rolleyes: have to say tho the ford badge on the bonnet was made well i still have it only few scrapes but the rest of the vehicle didnt make it

Reactions: Lex

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Don't you own a Ford ?
Yes. It was the Missus's pick.

Apart from it being on its 3rd steering rack, and having the rear suspension bits replaced, and deleting the heat exchanger by fitting a transmission cooler, and the occasional 'no start' until you fiddle with the auto shifter, it has been trouble free.
I very unselfishly offered her a VE Calais V8 wagon, but she was not convinced.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yes. It was the Missus's pick.

Apart from it being on its 3rd steering rack, and having the rear suspension bits replaced, and deleting the heat exchanger by fitting a transmission cooler, and the occasional 'no start' until you fiddle with the auto shifter, it has been trouble free.
I very unselfishly offered her a VE Calais V8 wagon, but she was not convinced.

Is she convinced now ?

• Haha

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Is she convinced now ?
She drives it and likes it. I pay for the mechanical maintenance. These two aspects are not related.
When my 'Members Ride' details change to Mustang and Ranger 4WD :confused: .................. enough said.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
What most people don't realise is that most cars have a fairly high disappearance rate and the fact that Commodores are less common on the roads now is to be expected the further we get from their manufacture date, be it through written off, driven into the ground or any number of circumstances.

As I plan to keep my Redline for a long time I just expect that at certain points there will be big chunks of cash to drop on it, most people don't do that the first major repair or bit of worn suspension and bam, gone buy new thing.

Cars despite their high cost are very much a consumable consumer product, think about the last time you say saw a plasma tele or a CRT - heck lots of people don't own home PC's anymore because iPad, etc. For a while they were everywhere, now - goneskis. Same will happen with Aussie built sedans.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
think about the last time you say saw a plasma tele or a CRT - heck lots of people don't own home PC's anymore because iPad, etc. For a while they were everywhere, now - goneskis. Same will happen with Aussie built sedans.

We've got two plasmas and two laptops.
o_O