Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why oh why doesn't it fit?

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
I took the wheels off my stato and put them on the calais today, it looks killer but the o/s/r rim doesn't sit well in the wheel arch, n/s/r sits fine as does the front on both sides, I never noticed a problem with the stock 17's on it.
These rims are 18x8 with 235/40/18 tyres and the car is lowered on ultra low kings.
It's done 130,000ks so I wouldn't think the rubbers/bushes would be totally rooted, I have done some research and as far as I can tell there is no paper trail of it ever being in an accident.
I know with a live axle rear this can happen when a vehicle is lowered but never seen it with irs, is it possible? Any suggestions?
Here are some pics

2dw50co.jpg

2m3ob40.jpg

Front
2qt8jet.jpg

N/s/r plenty of clearance
29as2f7.jpg

O/s/r can just fit fingertips between tyre and arch
ous4sl.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
tried flipping the rear wheels? its hard to tell, but you might have different offset wheels front to rear, and have got them mixed up, or one wheel is different to the rest

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
two ways to sort

Change offset.
Or guards to be rolled

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I put fronts from stato to front of calais etc, they fitted well on the stato with no such issues, gonna throw it on the hoist at work on Monday and have a closer look

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
That's a bugger , because they look good otherwise .

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Are all the wheels the same make and offset? What size tires are they as well?

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
wow that looks sweet

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Had the same issue on my ss man! Passanger rear side was sticking out more. I just bought a guard roller and rolled both sides out a fair bit (didn't just want 1 side rolled) anyway I do one day intend on getting the rear suspension looked at because it is odd. It's like the whole k frame sits to the left a bit because one side is closer to the guard and the other side sits in a bit more. Sure there must be some way to adjust it.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Had the same issue on my ss man! Passanger rear side was sticking out more. I just bought a guard roller and rolled both sides out a fair bit (didn't just want 1 side rolled) anyway I do one day intend on getting the rear suspension looked at because it is odd. It's like the whole k frame sits to the left a bit because one side is closer to the guard and the other side sits in a bit more. Sure there must be some way to adjust it.

Glad I'm not alone with this issue but it's my right hand side that I'm having probs with