Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will VF commodores (non V8 models) go up or down in price next year?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
being unfashionable doesn't stop those that want them buying them. It just makes them a bit niche.
Given that they're less in-fashion than even in 2017, it does mean the demand isn't as high for the supply as it would have been if they'd stayed at the same level of not-in-fashion. :)

I’d buy a ZB over a V6 VF. If V6 VFs do go high the ZB would be a decent buy for less.
I agree with what everyone says about ZB's in this thread. Functionality-for-your-money, right now, is better. But they're probably about the least-wanted car on the used market, so you'll lose way more money in depreciation than if you bought a good SV6 now & sold it in 3 years.
Would the reduced maintenance/repairs (due to newness) & fuel consumption outdo the depreciation? I kinda doubt it, I suspect the cost of parts is likely higher for example.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
ZB isn't for Holden fans.

I consider myself a Holden fan but there are a whole lot of Holden models I wouldn't buy, I'd start with a Camira and finish with a Trax and anyone feel free to add the many models in between.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I consider myself a Holden fan but there are a whole lot of Holden models I wouldn't buy, I'd start with a Camira and finish with a Trax and anyone feel free to add the many models in between.

Anything made by Daewoo.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
If you look at the history of collectable cars worldwide, performance models have a distinctive advantage and if I was going to be silly enough to gamble on making money from a relatively new release vehicle then that is the type of vehicle I'd spend my money on purchasing.

I've said it many times, the problem with the VF range is too many have been put away in cotton wool to make them uber desirable and a part from those mint condition cars, everyone who owns one as a daily or weekender thinks if they look after it, it'll be worth dollars in years to come.

That's a gamble.

I passed on a new W427 years ago because when I opened the door I near vomited and looking at today's prices I don't see it as a big loss from a financial point as you can pick up the occasional one for less then they sold for new and the same goes for the VS GTSR, some of those have lost value as well.

Car collecting should be for the enjoyment of owning the car, making money is a real gamble and unless you are one of the lucky ones that parked your old A9X in the shed down the back in the 1980's and forgot about, it's only the super rich who buy ridiculously high end cars that turn big profits.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I’d buy a ZB over a V6 VF. If V6 VFs do go high the ZB would be a decent buy for less.
We've got a ZB V6 in the company I'd never driven with the idea it's junk and not a real Holden, no interest in it. I drove it the other day and surprisingly, it's a nice car and would smack a VF SV6 everywhere, faster, smoother, handles better, nothing bad about it I could find!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Although a lot of them had the family 2 engine in them what Holden produced.
Well actually ... maybe the call should have been expanded to "any Daewoo product", I wouldn't buy an Australian-built Cruze either ...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
We've got a ZB V6 in the company I'd never driven with the idea it's junk and not a real Holden, no interest in it. I drove it the other day and surprisingly, it's a nice car and would smack a VF SV6 everywhere, faster, smoother, handles better, nothing bad about it I could find!
There's actually a lot to like about the previous model Insignia, too. They're really not bad cars. If it weren't for getting one's hands on parts, I reckon that would be an interesting alternative to a VF as well, particularly if you didn't need the space of a Commodore. They looked a bit kooky with the chromed very-VF-Calais-style grille, but given how much better a Director looked, you could fix that with some plasti-dip.

It's occurred to me in the past that embiggenment of the HFV6 from 2.8L to 3.6L using LFX bits plus some aftermarket mixed-in could be interesting (although the end result might just be a munted 'box &/or diffs :) ).

Hmm, although the four for sale are all auto, can't recall if they were made in manual let alone sold here in manual form ... it seems not here, at least, neither with Opel nor Holden badging.

Hmm, there's one 2013 Opel for sale, 60k kms for a $23k ask, sounds like better value than an SV6 for a similar price to me, and if I look at the interior it looks like it holds up better than 8yo Holden leather:

7z6uvqxvgy0jg92mj989xfaes.jpg

Last edited: