Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Won't start without "start ya bastard"

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
As the title says, I cannot get engine to start without spraying some start ya bastard up the air intake, once it has started it runs but not very well and even when the engine has warmed up it still won't restart unless i use the spray. this car has been sitting for ages now, and i posted a few wks ago about the fuel being off colour, i've changed that, i tested whole ignition system and it seems fine. I pulled the plugs and i noticed that only 2 plugs were that grey whitish colour and the other 4 were covered with oily gunk. I cleaned them up and restarted and still the same. it is misfiring with i think 2 cylinders. maybe i should replace the plugs, also when the engine is running it will not rev over 3500rpm, when i put my foot flat to the floor it just loses all power. Any suggestions???

I AM GOING MAD!

Thanks in advance,

Steven M

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
If its not getting over 3500, then yes your misfireing. I would reccomend a complete spark plug changeover and also chnage your leads while your at it. Other than that...mechanic? :unsure:

aZk.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Still sounding like piss poor fuel to me. Did you drain the tank and refill entirely with new stuff or what did you do to fix the off colour fuel?

Probably blowing alot of smoke when it does run too I bet. And as soon as you try revving it - it chokes because the fuel is piss poor quality and it won't burn and floods itself.

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
Drained the tank and filled it up half full, no it doesn't smoke at all when its running. i hopefully narrowed it down to the wiring loom because injectors 1 and 2 don't seem to be getting a signal from the ecu and when i wriggle the plug on the ecu the car dies.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
clogged injectors??

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Yes check the wiring to the injectors my old VL wasn't getting any power to a couple of them...My mechanic / electrician ran some new power wires to the stuffed ones...It seemed to have done the trick..

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
no injectors are ok because if i pull the connector of injector 3 and stick on to 1 & 2 you can hear the diff in the engine, i heard that some of the injectors open at the same time, does anyone know which ones do because then maybe i can just wire up 1 & 2 to the ones that open at the same time. I thought 1,2 and 3 were all on the same signal but it doesn't sound right to me.

max vz wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 wagon lj torana
no injectors are ok because if i pull the connector of injector 3 and stick on to 1 & 2 you can hear the diff in the engine, i heard that some of the injectors open at the same time, does anyone know which ones do because then maybe i can just wire up 1 & 2 to the ones that open at the same time. I thought 1,2 and 3 were all on the same signal but it doesn't sound right to me.
Hi Steven m just wondering if and how you fixed your vz I have same problem just about ready to start wrecking it can't burn it owes me to much any help be great mate cheers trev

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’ve posted a suggestion in your thread.

Reactions: Lex