Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2020 VRX Black

Alan H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
I have a 2020 ZB VRX from new. Was delivered with all Black exterior trim (which I prefer) and not the Chrome as all I have seen. I did see on a New Zealand site there is a "Black Edition" with only 40 delivered in NZ. Does anyone know what the story might be in Australia?
I have posted previously but got a lot of inane crap as answers.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Please beware when posting new threads they are in the correct area, the Cruise section in not for general/technical threads.

Threads moved.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I have a 2020 ZB VRX from new. Was delivered with all Black exterior trim (which I prefer) and not the Chrome as all I have seen. I did see on a New Zealand site there is a "Black Edition" with only 40 delivered in NZ. Does anyone know what the story might be in Australia?
What are you asking? Yes there were black editions in Australia. We even had black editions Equinox and Astra too. I think the Colorado had a special black edition but it wasn't called black edition. Something like SV. This of course happened when the pin was being pulled by GM. The black edition in all the cars looked good.

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
Yeah, we got black editions here. It was a limited run of them in 2019 only.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I can't understand why people spend good money on the "Black" look, to make their vehicles look low rent. The "Black" look can look good on some colours but IMO most applications of the "Black" look really cheapens the look of a vehicle.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I can't understand why people spend good money on the "Black" look, to make their vehicles look low rent. The "Black" look can look good on some colours but IMO most applications of the "Black" look really cheapens the look of a vehicle.

White is the only colour I think it works on. A nice bit of brightwork chrome really helps colours pop.

I really despise the blacked out /black paint look. Then with black badges/wheels/lights. I know its a popular trend, but always looks dumb to me.

Like this

Black-Car.jpg

Last edited:

Alan H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Is this a reply or just a comment?