Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355 VN Group A Replica

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Well the Truetrac arrived on friday, Ive been to busy to even look at it.

Installed a mini spooled 3.08 diff in it on friday night after i finished work and got home at 9.30 to get it going for the CAMS come and try day on at Eastern Creek. Mini spools are awsome fun for getting it sideways! :D But I couldnt put up with the low speed chatter and how it kicks out way to easily on the street. Either way I didnt end up making it cause I had issues with the waterpump controler telling me the pump was not connected but it was. Shiit part was it only started giving me trouble when I was already a few K's from home! Got that all sorted now must of been a loose wire. I also had a dead battery when I went to start it (0.08V) so after jumping it and leaving it running for a while it still didnt want to start so i think ive killed the battery aswell :( Cause Ive got the reverse lockout on a switch if i leave it on it drains the battery, ive now moved it to a ACC power supply!

I think ill go with the 3.9's for two reasons. First off not wanting to get nothing but skids out of first and second less heat. For the circuit it really dosent matter how much pickup i have, im really just changing the gearing so I can sit in 3rd around a few more corrners rather then go to second to get everthing i can out of the engine. Thanks for the advice tho guys!

All that said and done I might upload some videos from the CAMS day, it was the best $30 I ever spent. Maybe lucky I took the V6 instead since it was raining the whole time I was on the track!

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
I have 4.11's in the rear of mine and it's not at all to low. First gear in the six speeds is rather long so it's still very usable. And 6th I would still like to be lower still, wish I got the lower 5th and 6th option. With a big cam it's not happiest in 6th till about 110kph

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Diff gears and true track are at the diff shop getting installed. Bounus is the guy has a spare alloy cover sitting around so he will clean it up and put that one for me to!

Also got a optima D34 since I killed the current battery to many times haha.

lildavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg ute
Looks nice love the old 5l. I've got same kit on my vn but mines only a 6 lol

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
20130212_162907_zpsdc650df0.jpg

Testing the new battery for voltage drop when the car is off (blew the fuse in my ammeter)

Washed and clay barred 40% of the car this arvo after taking it for a quick run during the day. I'm not enjoying the noise this spool makes around tight slow corners.