Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone put a Windsor 302 into a VN-VS?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
In all seriousness though it should be possible but as Someguy360 said you’ll need to make sure the engine is from a later model vehicle than the chassis your fitting it to otherwise you won’t be able to get it registered (assuming it’s not going to be a track car).

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
In all seriousness though it should be possible but as Someguy360 said you’ll need to make sure the engine is from a later model vehicle than the chassis your fitting it to otherwise you won’t be able to get it registered (assuming it’s not going to be a track car).
If it was a track car he would put a 2J in it, not a Windsor.

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
What has the world done to you? Who hurt you?

Hahahaha, that gave me a good laugh mate, cheers!

Well this blew up more than I thought... hmm... anyway yeah glad a few of you are interested.

The engine is an AU series III block with GT40P heads. It'll need twin catalysers to pass rego but thats about it. I've had it hot tanked, checked, machined and surfaced and then I went on to do a bit of porting and head upgrades including valves, springs and rockers. Stock pistons re-ringed, new bearings throughout. Isky Megacam 280 camshaft, flat-tappet solid lifters and modest springs. Edelbrock Performer RPM dual-plane intake and 650CFM Holley Brawler mech-sec carby. Should run in the neighbourhood of around 375hp, perhaps a tad more.

Well, 375-ish nat-asp. I'm planning nitrous for the track but my last attempt at this was jinxed to hell so I'll post it when it happens.

Anyway I'm aiming for 11's thats all I'll say - and if its 11's at all I'll be okay with it. 11.50 I'll be pretty chuffed, and anything under that I'll be absolutely stoked.

More as it happens - boingk

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hahahaha, that gave me a good laugh mate, cheers!

Well this blew up more than I thought... hmm... anyway yeah glad a few of you are interested.

The engine is an AU series III block with GT40P heads. It'll need twin catalysers to pass rego but thats about it. I've had it hot tanked, checked, machined and surfaced and then I went on to do a bit of porting and head upgrades including valves, springs and rockers. Stock pistons re-ringed, new bearings throughout. Isky Megacam 280 camshaft, flat-tappet solid lifters and modest springs. Edelbrock Performer RPM dual-plane intake and 650CFM Holley Brawler mech-sec carby. Should run in the neighbourhood of around 375hp, perhaps a tad more.

Well, 375-ish nat-asp. I'm planning nitrous for the track but my last attempt at this was jinxed to hell so I'll post it when it happens.

Anyway I'm aiming for 11's thats all I'll say - and if its 11's at all I'll be okay with it. 11.50 I'll be pretty chuffed, and anything under that I'll be absolutely stoked.

More as it happens - boingk
So trailer to the track?
You wouldn't be able to register a carburetion in a 2nd gen commy on the roads would you?

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
So trailer to the track?
You wouldn't be able to register a carburetion in a 2nd gen commy on the roads would you?

Nah it'd be regoed. It's block year not modifications or no modified cars would be regoed.

You'd need catalysers, crankcase rebreathers and (if your station is picky) a charcoal canister to trap carby evap. That's not a lot of modifications to pass emissions.

All EFI does is introduce fuel to the engine. Carburettors do the same thing without electricity. A well tuned one is a treat to drive.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Nah it'd be regoed. It's block year not modifications or no modified cars would be regoed.

You'd need catalysers, crankcase rebreathers and (if your station is picky) a charcoal canister to trap carby evap. That's not a lot of modifications to pass emissions.

All EFI does is introduce fuel to the engine. Carburettors do the same thing without electricity. A well tuned one is a treat to drive.
Right, so if engine number is equivalent year or newer to body, and emissions are up to scratch, plus a sniffer test up your pipe probably, and you're good to go.
Keep us in the loop of how you go.