Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone put a Windsor 302 into a VN-VS?

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
Hey guys, long time no see... I've got a bit of an oddball one here.

Bear with me... but is it possible to shove a Windsor 302 into a VN to VS platform Holden? I know people put LS's in Falcons of all sort so can't see why the reverse wouldnt work.

Just wondering if anyone here has committed such a heretical act and how hard it would be re firewall, K frame and trans tunnel clearance etc.

Cheers - boingk

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Of course it's possible, would be the same as any other random engine conversion into any other random car. Size is fairly similar to a 304, but you'll have to do all the R&D and fab your own mounts and cross members. Trans tunnel will be fine, the gearboxes are also similar in size, in fact they both used T5 gearboxes for their manual options.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8

Bear with me... but is it possible to shove a Windsor 302 into a VN to VS platform Holden? I know people put LS's in Falcons of all sort so can't see why the reverse wouldnt work.

Just wondering if anyone here has committed such a heretical act and how hard it would be re firewall, K frame and trans tunnel clearance etc.

Cheers - boingk
Yes it's possible.
But it is mandatory to fit FORD badges front and rear.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Yes it's possible.
But it is mandatory to fit FORD badges front and rear.
Yes he should put Ford badges! Like this AU Falcon with a Holden badge and grill!

1675481011184.png

https://www.carsguide.com.au/oversteer/the-au-falcon-that-thinks-its-a-holden-74112

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
You absolutely could, for legality purposes it would be best to fit an EFI one from a similar era falcon rather than say an old carbed 302 from the X series falcons.

But it could be done, just depends how handy you are on the welder/bandsaw in terms of making mounts, adaptors etc.

That being said I don't know why you'd want to. The EFI 302's were weaker than the EFI 304's in both power and torque.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Cheers - boingk