Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

B.C.M. Problems

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
They think that it could be a wire or earth behind the
bumper causing the fuse to
blow.
The panel beater had the bumper off to give me a quote to replace the DRL, bezel and DRL mounting bracket and could have dislodged
wires when reinstating.
I had the problems with the lights shortly afterwards.
I can't recall any indicator wiring behind the bumper to create a short from bumper misfitment. Indicator wiring is in the engine bay unless they've pinched the harness along the radiator support panel somehow.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Couldn't agree more and the Service Manager said that they spent 2.5 hours on it.
When he said that it was a blown fuse, l asked him what had caused it to blow and if he/they didn't know what guarantee did l have that it wouldn't happen again.
The reply was that it was just one of those random things and probably wouldn't cause any more trouble.
After l took the car back and told them that it had blown again, he said that if I booked the car in again that they would have another look at it.
When l contacted the manager the next day and told him that I had payed $300 and nothing had been fixed. I asked him if he would do the parts that I needed for cost which he agreed to.
I've never had problems like this with a car before, l've read posts about this happening to others
and thought (Bugger l hope that he/she gets it sorted all right).
As RevNev said it mightn't have anything to do with the damaged
wiring behind the bumper at all,
as the left hand indicator is blowing the fuse.
Cheers.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
:eek: They spend 2.5hrs to find a blown fuse :eek:

As experts, they should know which fuse is related to the left indicator circuit so that should be their first check. Then they should break out the multimeter and measure resistance to ground to ensure earth only exists where it needs to exist while wiggling the accessible wiring. I can’t see that as being more than 1/2 hour of work

I just hate how the industry has become a bunch of slackers and cheats that feel they are worth expert payment yet provide unsupervised apprentice monkeys to do the actual work :mad:

PS: I stopped paying for service when a brake recall resulted in the dealer workshop releasing the vehicle as “all fixed” yet on me leaving the service parking i had no brakes due to loss of hydraulic fluid. Fcuken idiots wouldn’t accept they could have put themselves in a legal quagmire has an accident occurred due to their negligence … just a “it’ll be two hours before we can get to it because we are backed up” attitude… cnuts :mad: So. I’m an old bloke servicing and fixing my own car :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
:eek: They spend 2.5hrs to find a blown fuse :eek:

As experts, they should know which fuse is related to the left indicator circuit so that should be their first check. Then they should break out the multimeter and measure resistance to ground to ensure earth only exists where it needs to exist while wiggling the accessible wiring. I can’t see that as being more than 1/2 hour of work

I just hate how the industry has become a bunch of slackers and cheats that feel they are worth expert payment yet provide unsupervised apprentice monkeys to do the actual work :mad:
The service manager said that they spent 2.5 hours on it, but I doubt that. I hadn't told them that the left hand indicator was the problem, because until it happened the second time l didn't know. They had another VF in the carpark that had electrical problems. Service Manager said that they had spent 10 hours on it
and still didn't have it sorted.
The mechanic that I had in Aus was honest and could sort everything. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find one over here yet.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
When he said that it was a blown fuse,
What blew the fuse? I don't know, l can only guess. From what l ahave read on this forum, the flasher unit is located in the bcm.
I've also read that they can be replaced?

My vt was blowing fuses, when l used the remote locking & unlocking. I kept blowing the fuse after checking each quarter (globes). They where all ok.
The last one l checked was the rear drivers side. From there l moved to the trailer wiring, just before the plug that it plugs into. The drivers rear right indicator is hard wired into the wiring loom. I don't know why? Thats the way that it came when l bought it.
What had happened was the electrical tape had came of & would short on the body, & blow the fuse.

Taped back up & all good.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The mechanic that I had in Aus was honest and could sort everything. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find one over
Good luck with the problem and hope you sort it but more so that you ultimately find someone that knows their craft and in whom you trust :cool: