Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake Upgrade

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I recently received advice from holden Techical team. The booster on heavy duty brake upgrade us the same as SSV Redline booster. The brake master cylinder is not the same. Different part number...
All this despite Holden advertising the brake upgarade with 'big bore brake master cylinder'...
Hi Ron
So
I recently received advice from holden Techical team. The booster on heavy duty brake upgrade us the same as SSV Redline booster. The brake master cylinder is not the same. Different part number...
All this despite Holden advertising the brake upgarade with 'big bore brake master cylinder'...
Hi Ron
So the redline booster and brake upgrade booster is the same.
Redline master and brake upgrade master are not
Is that correct?
If that's the case I wonder what master they use for the brake upgrade.
You would think the larger bore master would make more of a difference than the booster. Hence why I want to fit a redline master when I do my brake upgrade.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hi Ron
So

Hi Ron
So the redline booster and brake upgrade booster is the same.
Redline master and brake upgrade master are not
Is that correct?
If that's the case I wonder what master they use for the brake upgrade.
You would think the larger bore master would make more of a difference than the booster. Hence why I want to fit a redline master when I do my brake upgrade.
Yes. That's correct. I believe they used standard BMC as fitted to base model SS and SSV (non redline).

Bmc part number against my VIN is 92282379

Bmc part number for Redline is 92282381

Last edited:

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. That's correct. I believe they used standard BMC as fitted to base model SS and SSV (non redline).

Bmc part number against my VIN is 92282379

Bmc part number for Redline is 92282381
Excellent thanks for the info.
Been looking for that part number.

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Just an update. Went ahead with the upgrade. I had two different Queensland Transport Department “approved persons” give me two different pieces of advice. One stated I would definitely require the Mod Plate and Certificate the other staring that because the kit parts I am using are identical to those on the VE Clubsport that it wasn’t needed. For the ~ $200 for the review and certification and Mod Plate - I decided to get the Mod Plate anyway.

but nothing ever straight forward, the banjo bolts from the front original Callipers did not fit the new Callipers. But the standard rear Calliper banjo bolts did, so just did last minute Friday run around to find another pair of banjo bolts.

Hoping to have car back today still...

So all up including fitting and mod plate - I think about $3200.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... I had two different Queensland Transport Department “approved persons” give me two different pieces of advice. One stated I would definitely require the Mod Plate and Certificate the other staring that because the kit parts I am using are identical to those on the VE Clubsport that it wasn’t needed....
Consider yourself lucky as by asking two ‘approved persons’ you will usually get three differing answers as one changes their mind and thus their advice :p

Jokes aside, enjoy your new upgraded kosher brakes :)

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Here is some photos of the new brakes fitted up. The brake pedal feel is great, and they look great.

Next, replacing rear 8.5inch HF20's with the 9inch and the 275/30 tyres for the staggered look.

And then the paddle-shift on the steering wheel.

Calais with original brakes:

Last edited:

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is some photos of the new brakes fitted up. The brake pedal feel is great, and they look great.

Next, replacing rear 8.5inch HF20's with the 9inch and the 275/30 tyres for the staggered look.

Looks factory
Good choice

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Brilliant. Good job

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Is it worth upgrading just the front discs themself to kangaroo paw? Got the series 1 redline with the Brembo front.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Excellent thanks for the info.
Been looking for that part number.

Latest from my inquiries with Holden.

"We have been advised by a Holden Subject Matter Expert, the master cylinder is a different diameter. It is 27mm for Brembo and 25.4mm for others."