Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Conversion question

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
I got a 2010 sv6 VE series 1
I was looking at converting to manual and chucking a supercharger maybe a turbo on but …..
If I could I’d prefer to chuck a LS3 in it, would it be possible and/or worth it, I know it will be pricey the question is is it possible or worth it?

Step 1: Advertise your SV6 for sale and sell it for whatever you can get for it.

Step 2: Buy a manual SS in the same colour as your SV6.

Step 3: With the $25-30k you'll have saved by not doing the proposed conversion, supercharge your new SS and use the remaining $10k for anything else you want. Maybe to pay for the extra fuel you're gonna be needing.

No matter how much you love the SV6, you're gonna love the SS more.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Na, that one threw a tanty because people commented if any forum member bought it, they'd probably have it fixed, instead of throwing parts at it willy nilly and not solving the problem...

Remember, this car has had the same issue from day dot and with it doing it at will, it would be easy to pick up on a dyno, therefore get fixed

They put up they sold the plates for $5K then said that was B/S
Yeah, I forgot about that tanty... That guy has had multiple tantrums on this forum :D

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah, I forgot about that tanty... That guy has had multiple tantrums on this forum :D

Sure does......

They seem to stem from knowledgeable people making informed suggestions to him and him not following them and things turning to shite....

After they turn to shite, he then complains and when those knowledgeable people comment why he didn't follow those suggestions, he proceeds to chuck a tanty

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
You forgot:

- Red VE Clubsport owner who wanted to sell their number plates for $5k, then threw tantrums when we said the price was high... This was an iconic one...

- I remember there was a VN Exec for sale which caused a bit of dramas, and another VX Exec Wagon in pretty rough shape which caused a little bit of a stir, but these two are not very memorable, they're just threads I remembered from the top of my head...
Blue VX wagon?

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
These tantrums always go along the lines of “you guys are a bunch of computer warriors” or “I spent all this money on the car and I’m not stupid to loose it” or “I’m not going to listen to you internet nerds”, yet they can’t stop arguing the facts or not let the facts hurt their feelings.

Unfortunately, they often lack the ability to distinguish between a nicely setup car and a clapped out car. But no “it is a Holden and they don’t make them anymore” so that means it doesn’t matter if clapped out or not. “They are all the same” in their eyes.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
But no “it is a Holden and they don’t make them anymore” so that means it doesn’t matter if clapped out or not. “They are all the same” in their eyes.
Agreed, many of these people think that just because Holden's aren't made anymore, they should be asking much higher prices... Mitsubishi hasn't made the Magna in over 15 years, but as far as I'm concerned, they've been cheaper than ever :D

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Agreed, many of these people think that just because Holden's aren't made anymore, they should be asking much higher prices... Mitsubishi hasn't made the Magna in over 15 years, but as far as I'm concerned, they've been cheaper than ever :D
True. If the buyer is looking at purchasing a Holden with the motivation being “they are not being made anymore”, they will be looking for a relatively clean and original example

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
True. If the buyer is looking at purchasing a Holden with the motivation being “they are not being made anymore”, they will be looking for a relatively clean and original example

Massive price hikes came about with the model upgrades with them.....ie from VK to VL/VN to VT to VE

That's why I laugh at the statement, they don't make them anymore, so they're worth a heap more...No matter the condition

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That’s because they are Magnas.
Theres four people in all of Australia on the 380 Facebook page. The old Sigma was pretty cool.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
and there is less & less on the road thanks to Demolition Derby. They have become known as a good derby car for price and for ability to take a hit and keep going.

So many magnas/380s in DD over the last few years. There cannot be many left on the road surely.