Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecu options

w1r3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I am not sure. I was told that the ecu was not excess able via the aldl plug under the steering wheel. Sounds like i need to trace back the wires. Where would i find specs for the wiring?
Do you think it's in limp home mode once it gets warm by rising and dropping revs?
I just want to know what might be wrong and what to say to my mechanic.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If it's still wired as per the factory then yes the OBD plug can be used.

Is the engine check light on? Is the thermofan on?

The rolling idle may be related to the manual conversion if the tune hasn't been adjusted to suit.

w1r3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
None of the warning lights are on. The thermo fans have been replaced with dual fans with Davies Craig thermal switch.
I have just purchased a aldl to USB connector and a vs workshop manual. As i need to sort out all the bugs that make driving it stressful.
.i know the engine is from a 195i VT 304, but i don't know if the original gearbox for the ute or the VT engine.
What info can you get from the VIN plate?

SimonL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Vy Calais L67
Hey guys what options are there for aftermarket ecu on a 195i 304 with a intercooler and a v1 blower? Do wolf still make them?
Wolf has new one a V550 just had one fitted to my VY supercharged V6

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I recall reading somewhere that an ls1 ecu can be adapted to suit, don't ask me how as I have no idea but could be an option?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Best to go over to delcohacking forum and ask about there. You will find heaps of very knowledgeable guys who if you ask nicely will help you out for a small fee. I had a HSV tune with a few tweaks burnt onto a new memcal for the mrs' super 6. Worked well.