Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP roller rockers for my 5 lire 304

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
I have the ST 2032 non-adjustable twin shaft type pictured above in my VH SS, apart from buying a pack of shims from crane to get em setup right, I've had no troubles with them using the original pushrods that came with the engine back in '83.

I have a set of pro-comp's version of the twin shaft type but adjustable in the VQ stato ($500 car with rego) and I pulled a 15.534 et yesterday on the 1/4. They've been in for a month now with no complaints.

My advise, unless Mischa has another set of $50 "pre-tested" procomp rollers to sell, go and at least get Street terra ST2032 non adjustables, they will serve you well.

It's really easy to set em up, they run 5/16's bolts so no machining of the head required.
They are in pairs on a common shaft so you don't need guideplates and hardened pushrods.

They should come with shims, but it's probably safe to spend the $30 for a shim kit that has 30thou and 60thou shims just to make sure you've got what you need to get your preload right vs the tightening/torque sequence outlined in yella terra's website.
I followed their instructions for the st2032's in the vh when i installed them last year.

the pro-comps i installed a month ago, I did without having to really think about it, 30mins and i was done and ready to bolt my covers back on.

pm me if you run into any troubles

Mottra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304
if you are using a hydraulic cam, I wouldn't even bother with adjustable rockers, they aren't neccessary for a hydraulic cam
Just buy a set of YT non-adjustable roller rockers. Very simple to install. Just unbolt your old rockers and bolt on the roller rockers. No need for guide plates, different pushrods etc. I've had non-adjustable gold YT on my engine with standard pushrods for over 80,000kms now. No probs
Do you have a part/model number for these?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Plus he posted that back in 2012.
So I doubt he will see that, I haven't seem him here for a few years.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Plus he posted that back in 2012.
So I doubt he will see that, I haven't seem him here for a few years.
I messaged him last year, he still checks in occasionally, but often not 'logged in'.
So if you/Mottram are lucky, he will see it. Otherwise PM him, Darren is a real good bloke.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Darren hasn't been on the forum since November. I went to Toowoomba to visit him a few weeks ago but couldn't remember the street he lives in. Good run for the vh anyway. Agree with Deuce he is a really good bloke. He started off as a mechanic and knows his stuff. he used to spend quite a bit of time on av8.

Last edited:

Mottra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304
if you are using a hydraulic cam, I wouldn't even bother with adjustable rockers, they aren't neccessary for a hydraulic cam
Just buy a set of YT non-adjustable roller rockers. Very simple to install. Just unbolt your old rockers and bolt on the roller rockers. No need for guide plates, different pushrods etc. I've had non-adjustable gold YT on my engine with standard pushrods for over 80,000kms now. No probs
Did you use shaft or stud type?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

I would imagine he would've used stud type, because the shaft mount rockers weren't very common back in 2012, now YT makes cheaper shaft mount rockers it would be stupid to mess around with guide plates, studs and poly locks.
For fairly low spring pressures the 5/16 shaft rockers would be fine, as the shaft uses two stud locations to anchor the shaft, and through most of the lift cycle there's only one rocker using the shaft except for the overlap period which is at low lift any way.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Also the part number he used is likely discontinued by YT, hence why I posted another option.

Mottra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304
I would imagine he would've used stud type, because the shaft mount rockers weren't very common back in 2012, now YT makes cheaper shaft mount rockers it would be stupid to mess around with guide plates, studs and poly locks.
For fairly low spring pressures the 5/16 shaft rockers would be fine, as the shaft uses two stud locations to anchor the shaft, and through most of the lift cycle there's only one rocker using the shaft except for the overlap period which is at low lift any way.
Cheers. I agree, and will be going shaft YT's.