Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VE aftermarket seats airbag warning bypass

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
This solution is at your own risk! I do not take any responsibility for any damages!
This may be used for track use or street use but at your own rick if this will void your insurance

After wanting to change my seats in my series 2 ute that comes stock with air bags to Maloo seats without air bags this is my solution to "Trick" the computer to thinking the airbags are still installed.
This trick will work for any seats from genuine Holden to racing bucket seats as all your touching is the stock wiring loom for the seat.

I have taken all the hard work out of it for you keen modders. so lets do this!

You need to pick up some 1W 3.3Ohm resistors. It doesn't has to be spot on 3.3Ohmes but close enough will work. I got these from J-car for 40c
IMG_2672_zps39804971.jpg

Disconnect the battery when playing with any electronics

So assuming you know how to remove the plastics from your seats as you would have changed them already..
All you need to do is plug the resistors ( one each side ) in. This is the colours in my Series 2 ute. Series 1 might be different but same thing applies.

You should be getting this if you start your car
IMG_2677_zps6b89a6da.jpg

Drivers side:
2_zpsf4b9c9c7.jpg

1_zpsf1b048bf.jpg

Passenger side:
IMG_2676_zps5a68b543.jpg

IMG_2678_zps9117e213.jpg

Start your car to make sure you have the right wires and you should get this
IMG_2679_zpsb0470cec.jpg

You "Should" at least try put some insolation on them such as electrical tape or heat shrink ect so the loom is not shorted out if it comes in contact with the frame or other wires.
You can get as fancy as you want such as getting the stock factory seat plug like I have with wiring and heat shrink so this can plug in just like factory
resistorplug_zpsbcd24d39.jpg

Put everything back
IMG_2680_zpsa653797f.jpg

Now step back and smile at your new seats
IMG_2685_zpsf91eb550.jpg

IMG_2683_zps08e4a57c.jpg

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Thanks for sharing. The seats look great. Three things though:

- I can't believe the Maloo seats don't have airbags!
- Are you happy to be driving around with less airbags in your car?
- Are you happy to be driving around with "Maloo" embroided into your seats?

mellohsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx/vz
Hi mate, I suppose you wouldn't know what colour goes with what colour?
So I see the pretensioner wires are green and grey that come from the seat and then green and orange from the floor harness (I'm guessing grey goes with orange and green goes with green)
And then each of the other colours, nothing matches colour for colour, any ideas?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
For on-road use, think you will find that anything that departs from components fitted to a vehicle at the time of manufacture i.e. after-market parts that DO NOT comply with all ADR (Australian Design Rules that existed at the time the vehicle was manufactured) are ILLEGAL. If in doubt, check with RTA Authorities.

mellohsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx/vz
Does anyone know what colour wires goes to the air bags, As above picture shows passenger harness with black - yellow - brown - and I have black - blue - brown coming from seat plug.

Drivers side floor harness black - green - black and I have black - blue - brown coming from seat plug

Could someone tell me what colour goes with what and can the plugs be cut and hardwired?

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
If your removing the seats all together you will need to bridge the pretensioner as well with a 2.6 ohm 1w resistor.
8Xs0to.jpg

KONcdc.jpg

KD3v1Q.jpg

Passenger side shown.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
another great way to earn a defect notice ........ :banstick:

Gridlocked

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SV6 Commodore
Just a minor thing, that resistor pictured is a 2.2 Ohm. The resistor value possibly isn't all that critical as long as the system detects current flow it won't flag a fault. A 3.3 Ohm might work just as well. In the pic showing the floor mounted connects, the right hand side resistor does look a little like its Orange,Orange,Gold which is 3.3 Ohm.