Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to make a reliable ls1 burnout car (vy)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Biggest issue with burnout Cars is cooling. You want the thermofans going right from the start of the burnout, not once it's already hot. A good transmission cooler and if you want the engine to last add a oil cooler.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
yeah i havent been able to fine any custom / stronger tailshafts that fit atm. but cheers for the idea about a billet coupling mate
For a skid pig, just see if you can get a billet rear coupling. Custom shaft will be too expensive. Probably buy a coupling for $200 or thereabouts.

Edit: here you go. Gives you a bit of an idea. I hear they are not great for daily driving but should suit a burnout bus ok.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...commodore+billet+tailshaft+coupling+&_sacat=0

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea engine oil cooler, a big one at the front with bigger radiator all mounted so fans will draw thru them, depending how far u go minimum id prob add a internal oil baffle like aeroflow one to keep more of the oil at the pump or next step is a dry sump system, the guys on Winginit motorsport are doing skids on a budget worth a look at there videos as they use LS in pinky they also do few valvetrain videos for it