Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VY] How To: Spray your headlights black

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I tried and failed.

Oven decided to reheat itself and has element on the bottom. Same setup as the original posters. However the bottom of the headlight mounting screw bracket melted. lol

Oh hum.

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8L S1 VN & Sr20det 180sx
nono, the vn, possibly vp and some others, not sure as i havent looked but i'm certain vn's are only clip, but all three of my vr/vs headlights are glued.. :/ anyone chucked a cracked one in and had a bad experience or shall i be the first? :/ cheers!

edit; i'm starting to think it may be okay, provided it doesn't heat, nor cool too quickly however i'm still worried about applying pressure, maybe i should just take a hammer to the broken one.... heh :) also, i'll admit straight up, my headlight was not heated at all, was cold, however the clips were removed, and the second i applied the smallest amount of pressure trying to pry it apart with a flathead, it broke a tiny peice of the lip on the outside of the lense, will it make a difference if its hot? o_O fair enough the sikaflex type glue will be softer, but i applied minimal pressure before that happened, hmm, thinking i should probably make sure this is the last time i do this ^.^ not keen at all, not as bad as extractors though i must say. :p

Last edited: