Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I reckon it takes a certain type of person and personality to be a good police officer. They ideally want people who can walk in to a heated situation and cool it down. So, natural diplomacy/peacemaking attitude over a gung-ho do-as-I-say-or-else attitude.

I suspect that there is a bit of irony in the types of people the police forces attract. Many who want to be in the police force probably shouldn’t be there. And the people who don’t want to be in the police force are probably the people who should be there.

It’s a very difficult and relatively thankless job to do and I wouldn’t want to do it. Most of the time nobody wants to see them for obvious reasons and sometimes their hard work is undone by the judiciary who just let the criminals back out onto the streets again to rinse and repeat.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ells-court-attacks-on-white-people-not-racist

You can’t be racist towards white people as they hold the balance of power…….said the senator with more ‘power’ than majority of Australians while counting the money from her 4 investment properties in Australia and holdings in Pakistan.

What a waste of court time this is.

How is it even possible for a crime to NOT be a crime if it’s being perpetrated against a certain race? Wouldn’t that be racist by definition?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
How is it even possible for a crime to NOT be a crime if it’s being perpetrated against a certain race? Wouldn’t that be racist by definition?
Greens logic lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
"ultimate racist slur" huh? Hold my beer!

With regard to the actual comment made by Hanson, with the context explained I don't see it as racist what so ever. It's a simple thing - if you don't like it here, go back to whence you came.

As for the broader question of racist acts, the legislation itself does not talk about the power balance, just the likelihood of offence or humiliation etc because of their (the target of said act) race, colour, ethnicity or nationality. Granted I haven't read all of it but I did miss any part that says a white person being target of such conduct are exempt.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ells-court-attacks-on-white-people-not-racist

You can’t be racist towards white people as they hold the balance of power…….said the senator with more ‘power’ than majority of Australians while counting the money from her 4 investment properties in Australia and holdings in Pakistan.

What a waste of court time this is.
Humza Yusaf, Scottish First Minister who has just resigned...