Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/103789052

So we’re dragging CEO’s over the coals and threatening jail time for making profits, you know, what capitalistic business does but something that killed 700+ people and nothing.

In private business ultimately the buck stops at the top with workplace deaths, why are there different rules for government? We investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong. Nothing to see here, move along.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
https://amp.abc.net.au/article/103789052

So we’re dragging CEO’s over the coals and threatening jail time for making profits, you know, what capitalistic business does but something that killed 700+ people and nothing.

In private business ultimately the buck stops at the top with workplace deaths, why are there different rules for government? We investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong. Nothing to see here, move along.
They won't talk about that, they won't talk about the Commonwealth Games...it's quite clear they care more about retaining their power than the money or lives of Victorians.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
They won't talk about that, they won't talk about the Commonwealth Games...it's quite clear they care more about retaining their power than the money or lives of Victorians.
In the private sector there is no way it would get swept under the rug. I mean, I had to search a bit to find a ‘non far right’ news source with the info (funny how the very ‘neutral’ guardian didn’t feel it news worthy).

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
https://www.news.com.au/national/po...s/news-story/30559c99df586170e8d1cbbfd8bb397c

When you say the quiet part out loud...likely the sentiment held by many wasting police resources every week in Melbourne and around the world (maybe resources better spent following up on DV incidents?)

A few years in a student union and then into the Labor party to hone their media craft and they won't have any more slip ups like this. They could even see themselves as future state or federal Labor ministers with those sort of qualifications!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Sadly there is little accountability for politicians and senior civil servants other than been forced to resign.

I think it's worse in NZ as there seems to be little appetite to enforce the laws we have now. there is a push to bring in Corporate Manslaughter laws but I don't believe that extends to the public sector (sadly) and I don't see the current government supporting such laws when political donors to the current government might end up in the firing line.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Ive said it many times university interlectals are selling this country out everything to do with those pathetic people is stealing from the tax payer. Keep importing pathetics is what they support Monash Uni and Melbourne Uni is full of such pathetics. I used to bleed them dry often they are f*cking stupid in reality. They cant clean up bad smells so they buy anouther aircon $$.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL.

So there is a small number of students making a lot of noise and you take this to mean they represent the majority.

Sadly, they have their wires crossed by showing support for Hamas but that does not take away from the bigger picture which is the atrocities been committed on a daily basis by Israel against the ordinary Palestinian people. But hey, they aren't "our" people been murdered so why should we care right? Lets just hope one day it's not "your" people who the crimes are been committed against and everyone else says "not my problem".

Sadly, I think we have forgotten the atrocities committed last century during the great wars and we are doomed to repeat them.

Anyone remember why we commemorate Anzac day?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
In the private sector there is no way it would get swept under the rug. I mean, I had to search a bit to find a ‘non far right’ news source with the info (funny how the very ‘neutral’ guardian didn’t feel it news worthy).

Well the ABC reported on it so maybe they aren’t as biased as some people claim them to be. :rolleyes:

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Anzac day
What did it actually achieve? Interfering with things that didn't concern us fight some other c*nts war signing our children up for a life time of debt that gave corprate scum the right to own our countrys is what happened. Every war has been in aid of corprate scum getting richer.How has any war helped any Aussie or Kiwi?

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
https://www.news.com.au/national/po...s/news-story/30559c99df586170e8d1cbbfd8bb397c

When you say the quiet part out loud...likely the sentiment held by many wasting police resources every week in Melbourne and around the world (maybe resources better spent following up on DV incidents?)

A few years in a student union and then into the Labor party to hone their media craft and they won't have any more slip ups like this. They could even see themselves as future state or federal Labor ministers with those sort of qualifications!
Ideals not compatible with Australia, deport those you can and lock up the rest. Anyone who openly supports a terrorist organisation doesn’t belong in our society.

I note we’re not even ‘pro Palestinian’ any more but now ‘anti Israel’, interesting.