Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just locked keys in my car

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
Pretty sure cheapest would be to call racv.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
Another vote for racv, just give them a call and they should be able to quote you how much it would be for them to come out and do it

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Honestly smashing windows, busting locks and kicking things in are about the dumbest ideas I have heard, why break the car? I locked the keys in my VN, not meant to be able to happen but the mechanism in the drivers door that stops you doing it wears out. Anyway the NRMA/RACV had it open in about 30 seconds. they have a rubber bladder that goes in behind the rear top corner of the drivers door and they inflate it with a hand pump to open a gap and then stick something down to pull on th door button. No damage to the car at all. If your not in a road service organisation either join then call them or pay them for a one off. It will be cheaper and easier than smashing your car and then having to fix it.

psshhhht

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore wagon v6
yeah RACV would get my vote. I'm not sure that telling people on a public forum how to break into a car and yet make it look legit is the smartest thing to do though?

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica

AGRSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS, Cammed VN V6 daily
the easiest way to get into it would be what i have done a few times on my VN, even on VT's, i'm not a thief or anything but the missus is quite clumsy when it come to locking the keys in her car. I have an old buick v6 dipstick that i have bent to work with a tab on the end, all you do is pry the top corner of the drivers doors out with a flat screwy until you can get the dip stick in then saw back and fourth down until you are low enough to reach the lock, hook in the bent tab and pull back up. It take about 15secs after some practice and due to the dipsticks better strength compared to a coat hanger it will easily overcome central locking crap too. I keep it in the boot in case i see some1 at the shops struggling. PS please don't use this trick for Evil, Karma's a bitch and the evil dipstick gods will hunt you down