Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just locked keys in my car

justin35

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 berlina
Done this a few times myself and was shown by an raa member how to get back in without breaking any windows ,its that easy even my misses did it......get a coat hanger bend up one end go to your back door slid it down the glass into door with the bent side facing back ,,now slide it down and towards the back of your car and lift up it should grap hold of your door lock mech opening your door but not unlocking it??????its really easy

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
I work for the RACV drivers back door is the way to get in easy as pm me ya number and i can talk ya throw it, as putting it on here many be a no no and the mod's will delete it

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
Got it open, Rang racv in the end, they quoted me 200 odd dollars, i was like wtf, it'd be cheaper to smash the window, Then told them im 19 and they changed it to $41 and signed me up for roadside assist, not too shabby

But i watched how he opened it.. seems to be a pretty easy operation

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
packing strapping works the best :) the stuff they use on bricks just have to bend it the right way its really not too difficult
took me about 5 min on my first try :) good luck with it mate

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
Easy way to do it at home. Ive done this before, Grab a door wedge and pry it in the top corner so you have a gap big enough for your finger to fit, grab a coat hanger and bend it out straight with a hook in the end then fish your keys out. When i did it they were in the ignition if there somewere else its a bit harder.

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
When I locked my keys in my vn I just pryd off the handle and unlocked it from there... But I had a heap of spare
handles and other parts so I replaced it afterwards

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute