Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Left speaker not as loud as right speaker

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks VX GTS, I will swap the left to the right as my other two channels are bridged for the sub.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So tested the voltages at the amp and one is say 0.5v the other is -.008 or thereabouts.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Got your polarity in sync? Phase cancellation kills ranges on the odd man out
What does this mean?

I just swapped the two RCA's no change, then I swapped the speaker wires at the amp, no change.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I also measured the volts at the amp on the speaker outputs with both speakers disconnected and no change.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
How your right speaker looks at you when you say the left isn’t very loud.
849C2A8E-570E-4BBA-8E33-29B085DFB28F.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So, trim is off and measured the volts and they just keep dropping and I suspect it would have gone into the minus before long. The volts are different on each channel on the amp. However, no matter what I try the right speaker is still way louder. I might have to book it in at Autobarn and get them to figure this out It's beyond what I can do. I've tried everything I can and volts at the speakers are not correlating to volume, because if I swap the cables over it still behaves the same, right speaker decent, left speaker can barely hear it with your ear resting on it.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
What does this mean?

I just swapped the two RCA's no change, then I swapped the speaker wires at the amp, no change.

It means your -/+ need to be the same on all outputs from a single source like an amp or a deck. Ideally the correct polarity but at a minimum the same. If you have an odd man out it'll behave as you describe, quiet and missing ranges

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It means your -/+ need to be the same on all outputs from a single source like an amp or a deck. Ideally the correct polarity but at a minimum the same. If you have an odd man out it'll behave as you describe, quiet and missing ranges
So two speaker outputs at the bottom of the amp are bridged and the other two channels are both around right way.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What would happen if I tried switching the positive and negative speaker wires around? Just on the problem speaker.

I remember reading something a year or two ago about VE's how they use a single ground for all the speakers. I don't remember what it was all about I wonder if this is the issue?