Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Left speaker not as loud as right speaker

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
So two speaker outputs at the bottom of the amp are bridged and the other two channels are both around right way.

And the bridge is too? The bridge is part of the same circuit as the speakers. Just curious, if you disconnect the bridge do you have the same issue?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
And the bridge is too? The bridge is part of the same circuit as the speakers. Just curious, if you disconnect the bridge do you have the same issue?
Bridge is for the sub. The sub works fine. Should I try it with sub turned off, or are you saying remove the sub RCA's and try?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So turned sub off, no difference. Disconnected sub RCA's no difference. Decided to put door trim back on. I have two choices, live with it or see Autobarn and see if there is anything they can do.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Not the RCA. The circuit is still complete, the pinch screws. Amp polarity outputs are all one parallel circuit

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not the RCA. The circuit is still complete, the pinch screws. Amp polarity outputs are all one parallel circuit
Hmmmmm, I don't really understand? It's too hard for a novice like me. What are saying I should try? That's about the level of my understanding.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Think I will try to see the installer at AB after work tomorrow and get his opinion. I don't think a five minute listen should cost me anything since I did spend $600 on the install. It would be good just to get an opinion. It will likely cost money to resolve it, so it can go on the jobs list and get done after I pay for everything else I need to pay for over the next few months. I've lived with it for months now, surely a few more months won't hurt me.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hmmmmm, I don't really understand? It's too hard for a novice like me. What are saying I should try? That's about the level of my understanding.
Nah, you're plenty clever, text is a pain to convey

Like below, the black line is like the two halves, signal in left, signal out right. On the right, whether there's a signal in or not, there's a circuit. Separate channels, switched on the same board. It's parallel, so you don't need all the right side contacts to be made, you could hook up one speaker and it would work. Where I've circled red you've got a bridge to your sub, drops the ohms and increases the watts. Imagine one speaker with a positive from one pair and one negative from the other pair

2-channel-vs-4-channel-amp-diagram_1.png

First and foremost the polarity of the outputs on the right need to match the inputs of the speaker, positive and negative or you'll get phase cancellation. Secondly if you want to isolation test, you need to do it at the amp output (red circle) or on the sub itself. Removing the RCA won't necessarily have the desired affect

Clear as mud?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just curious, what was done with the center dash speaker during your upgrade? Was it replaced, left in, chucked in the bin?
If by chance it's still there rip it out and chuck it away.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nah, you're plenty clever, text is a pain to convey

Like below, the black line is like the two halves, signal in left, signal out right. On the right, whether there's a signal in or not, there's a circuit. Separate channels, switched on the same board. It's parallel, so you don't need all the right side contacts to be made, you could hook up one speaker and it would work. Where I've circled red you've got a bridge to your sub, drops the ohms and increases the watts. Imagine one speaker with a positive from one pair and one negative from the other pair

View attachment 239572
First and foremost the polarity of the outputs on the right need to match the inputs of the speaker, positive and negative or you'll get phase cancellation. Secondly if you want to isolation test, you need to do it at the amp output (red circle) or on the sub itself. Removing the RCA won't necessarily have the desired affect

Clear as mud?
Yep clear as mud. Pulling the sub speaker cables make no difference..
The sub is set up correctly for the bridge. The two speakers are both on the correct polarities. I tried swapping them around and no change.