Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSX LXX V8 Remote tuning service :)

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Here's some additional positive feedback on top of what I had up previously, as some of you know I had a cam done through a place here in Adelaide, from day 1 it was far from perfect despite additional attempts at fixing it, with numerous problems ranging from idle all over the place (I know this is cam related but much worse than that), wanting to stall on take off, a real bitch to get started again after a short trip ie to the servo (it would stall and then wouldn't refire, I had to resort to using the accelerator) and in general shocking driveability especially on light throttle applications ie trying to keep with the flow of traffic. To summarise it really took a really nice car to drive and made it felt like rubbish to a point where I was considering getting rid of the car all together.

Anyway Steve noticed a thread I had put up and offered his assistance, after failed attempts previously from the other place I gladly took his offer up and started logging away and describing the problems. What made it very difficult was the fact that the cam specs weren't let out of the bag as they had excellent results previously (I beg to differ on this one) so basically had no choice but to tune it blind (a mighty feat if you ask me!).

Fast forward a few days / weeks working with Steve in between my own work commitments interstate its now to a point where I could only describe it as perfect so many thanks to the guys at MACE, they say you pay for what you get but considering the price, understanding and complete support day or night I certainly wouldn't go anywhere else especially considering what other pricing points are out there.

As a bit of a side note fuel effiency, lets face it you don't buy a V8 to be concerned about fuel prices or how much you go through but I have noticed since having the revised tune done by MACE the car is averaging 1.0L - 1.5L better off in my daily travels.

So in short a big thumbs up and thanks again to Steve and MACE :D

Cheers

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Hi Steve,

I finally got the exhuast (Cat Back) fitted, and OTR intake fitted, and I am now definitely ready to proceed as well.

Ill send you a P.M. with my email address, so as you can send me payment details and such.... :)

Looking forward to this, as I have heard only positive things about your services so far !!!!
Cheers
Matti

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I finally got the exhuast (Cat Back) fitted, and OTR intake fitted, and I am now definitely ready to proceed as well.

Ill send you a P.M. with my email address, so as you can send me payment details and such.... :)

Looking forward to this, as I have heard only positive things about your services so far !!!!
Cheers
Matti

No probs Matti,

Will be sending you an email shortly :)

Cheers,
Steve

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Hmmm might have to seriously think about this, how Lon does the whole process take ie. from payment to tuned?

MACE

Reaction score
Hmmm might have to seriously think about this, how Lon does the whole process take ie. from payment to tuned?

The process can take between a week or about a month depending on the vehicle etc.

At the moment we don't support remote custom tuning of LS1 PCM's :(

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
no probs, i shall keep digging around

aza03

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ss
Is this tune capable of disabling the AFM function