Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace VE V6 Tune Review

MACE

Reaction score
Steve,

Your Inbox is full, unable to send further emails.

Can you tell me what percent of torque management reduction is in the tune you sent me? I'm also running 91RON and nearly empty so will put 98RON in before logging as it looks like your tune is based around this fuel type.

Cheers.

Cleared :)

"Can you tell me what percent of torque management reduction is in the tune you sent me?"
35% from memory

"I'm also running 91RON and nearly empty so will put 98RON in before logging as it looks like your tune is based around this fuel type."
We can base the tune around any pump fuel you like, as long as you clearly let us know. In saying this though, these are a high comp engine and really run best on 98, even with the factory calibration

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
Hay sorry to be a bit off topic but does taking the torque management off completely have any bad effects? Again Sorry for bein off topic but I can't seem to find a straight answer.cheers

MACE

Reaction score
Hay sorry to be a bit off topic but does taking the torque management off completely have any bad effects? Again Sorry for bein off topic but I can't seem to find a straight answer.cheers
If tend to drive your car very aggressively then getting rid of the torque management all together will considerably reduce the life of your drive train

xSV666x

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 vz sv6 ute 6sp manual
Thanks for the reply Steve. And happy birthday to the little guy

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi, was wondering if any updates were out for the sv6 5 speed auto? *crosses fingers* ... if not how does the avaliable tune for the my09 a5 compare to the tuneable model equivelant given i were to only have a cai and manifold insulators? its killing me that the auto 5 cant be tuned arghgghg

MACE

Reaction score
Hi, was wondering if any updates were out for the sv6 5 speed auto? *crosses fingers*
None yet, and it won't be a while if ever for them to be done :(

... if not how does the avaliable tune for the my09 a5 compare to the tuneable model equivelant given i were to only have a cai and manifold insulators? its killing me that the auto 5 cant be tuned arghgghg
With engine related mods, the gains at the flywheel will be the same with the engine tune

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
None yet, and it won't be a while if ever for them to be done :(

With engine related mods, the gains at the flywheel will be the same with the engine tune

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

Oh OK... so I'm just trying to get my head around this, you can tune the engine just like any other engine, but torque management settings in the gearbox can't be reduced in any mode (drive/sport/man sport) and shiftpoints can't be adjusted?
I think what I meant to ask in my last post was what is different about the tune for the a5 compared to just say the my07 sv6..

Sorry for all the questions, I just need all the information I can before I do something bigger like buy a high ratio diff and the shift points can't be altered...
Thanks!
Adam.