Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Just picked this up...

Screenshot_20240331_193300_Gallery.jpg

Goes in tomorrow. Would do it now but might wrap it and see how it looks.

Seller is a VERY interesting guy. Him and another guy who's widely known for being a Commy wrecker work together. He has heaps of spare parts but very knowledgeable on these cars. I pulled away after chatting for over an hour and when I reversed back I was like "did you hear that noise?" (as I'm getting a loud squeak from the front when steering stationary.) His reply was "your lifters!... and the squeak is your struts" kinda guessed the creaking was the struts but hadn't heard the lifter tap. He said you won't hear it sitting here in neutral, but you'll hear it when I pulled away and the engine is under some load, makes sense, but yeah with 257k on the clock I guess she's getting on. Nothing compared to old mates 380k V8 that sounded like it was brand new but this car hasn't been oil changed every 5k since new.

Lifters hey? Can't you put sawdust into the oil to quiten that down?... :eek::p:D

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if yours is the LS2 they were the last of the crap lifters, from then on they used the LS7 lifters in all LS AFAIK, the LS2 lifters were fine with stock spring pressures but didnt like going any firmer

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
if yours is the LS2 they were the last of the crap lifters, from then on they used the LS7 lifters in all LS AFAIK, the LS2 lifters were fine with stock spring pressures but didnt like going any firmer.
Yeah LS2... but I think my flex plate is more of a rush to be sorted...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd also be checking out the holes in the flex plate to see if they have become flogged out from those loose bolts. It might come down to needing a new plate.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Hmmm.... not happy...

1) it looks crap.

Screenshot_20240401_084514_Gallery.jpg

Ok can wrap to match the other bits but also...

2) won't open / shut properly.

These lined up...

Screenshot_20240401_084333_Gallery.jpg

And it scapes here...

Screenshot_20240401_084413_Gallery.jpg

Now I'm sure this Aerpro effort was designed to fit better so am wondering if there's different trays..

Might pop back to old mate which is always an excuse to drive the car... :p

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Hmmm.... not happy...

1) it looks crap.

View attachment 266160

Ok can wrap to match the other bits but also...

2) won't open / shut properly.

These lined up...

View attachment 266161

And it scapes here...

View attachment 266162

Now I'm sure this Aerpro effort was designed to fit better so am wondering if there's different trays..

Might pop back to old mate which is always an excuse to drive the car... :p
Paul, has the aerpro HVAC controller been wrapped or spray coated? If it has, that might be why the clearance isn't enough.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Paul, has the aerpro HVAC controller been wrapped or spray coated? If it has, that might be why the clearance isn't enough.
About the only thing that hasn't been sprayed or wrapped... :rolleyes:

Ok the whole day to do this! A few different prototypes but settled on this in the end and cut up the Aerpro.

I knew the door to the tray would look better leather look, so took the dials out of the Aerpro and made a plate out of MDF, leather wrapped it and now the lot looks like this....

Screenshot_20240401_180329_Gallery.jpg

Not totally happy with the plate I made so will do another tomorrow but won't change too much. Aerpro dials are normally just above the ashtray.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Oh!

Just out and about and just flogged the car in 2nd. Heard some weird noise I won't attempt to describe, then something fell off the engine or at least the front end, and hit the car underneath a few times. When I stopped at the lights the flex plate rattle is back. Think I might've just snapped another bolt.... :eek: