Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
And make sure the switch is plugged in properly.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
It kinda sounds more doof doof doof if that makes sense lol, when you drive it, doesn't seem so smooth...

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
sounds like a sticky valve
what are the lifters like and
what oil grade are you using

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
That metal thing above is there for soundproofing so would explain the extra noise right?
It’s a heat shield and that one you’ve posted looks like it goes over the cat converter which runs rather hot on todays modern cars.

Whether the cat runs hot enough to cause issues with wiring running above the floor if the heat shield is not in place I have no idea but I’d install it at the soonest available time :p

As mentioned by @Jeda the heat shield is also a barrier to direct sound hitting the floor. So it will sound marginally louder/different without the shield (at a risk to wires above?) :oops:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
It kinda sounds more doof doof doof if that makes sense lol, when you drive it, doesn't seem so smooth...
Scan the engine & see what codes.
Also scan the esc thingo, Forget what it's called.
See if either of the computers have a code?

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Try clearing it with your scan tool.
I'm back clearing codes as I drive. Like every few mins.

Also throwing this which I've never seen before...

20240511_174329.jpg

Rear window is misting up and the air con ain't too good. Never was tbh even with a regass but I said here once before what the air con guy said, "it's commys, they have sh*t air con. You want to be cool buy a Ford"...o_O but I have had 4 Falcons as comp cars and they all did have ice cold air con..

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Also throwing this which I've never seen before...

View attachment 267965
The symptoms of a P0030 code vary, and a handful of problems can cause it. The first symptom is the Check Engine Light. Typically, the Check Engine Light will also come with other symptoms like a rough idle and engine problems. One of the most common symptoms of any O2 sensor issue is a problem with fuel efficiency.5 Jan 2024

Aha!!!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Since you have a different sound and it seems rougher than before, put the heat shield back on as that will return the car to before TC faffing about. Why, because a change in sound can play on our minds and have us thinking something is wrong.

But while your under the car, have a good look at all exhaust gaskets for leaks starting at the engine block and making your way to the rear exhaust exit as exhaust leaks can play funny with idle…

Then if the idle issue still exists, check all power train DTC’s and go from there ;)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Should be able to refit that by dropping the centre bracket. I don't remember that centre heat shield having handbrake cables going through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.