Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Opel Commodore C Voyage (RUSSIA)

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Say what now? Type in English champ:)

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Commodore C Voyage
zersys say:
Hello from Australia!

Cool car. It really is very strange for me to see the car in the country where I was born which looks as the car from the country where I live.

Good luck to you.

and I:
It is pleasant to read in Russian a response. Thanks! :)

CJey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Rekord E2 Caravan @ Commodore C Voyage
Long ago wrote nothing, assembly moves ahead, though not so quickly as it would be desirable, the first snow at us, monthly norm - 15 centimeters yesterday dropped out. On the street-1 on a thermometer.

It still the end of August - not sufficing top branch pipe of system of the cooling, the new air filter, a cap on a broad tank, the solenoid coil of the lock of the rear door, caps on leads of window wipers. The solenoid coil put and adjusted.

Because I from Senator B, have a wiring some problems with its alteration under buttons and switches from Senator A2. The basic everything was altered almost without problems, except the button of heating of a rear window. Its device of work a miscellaneous - in Senator A is situation to switch on/off, and in Senator B simply contact piece in the button and the being self-disconnected relay with the time clock for 15-20 minutes. Disassembled both buttons and started to think, how it is correct to make.
From above the button from Senator A2

From below the button from Senator B

Scheme of operation of buttons. From above Senator B

From below the finished Senator A2 button (the dotted line specified the native scheme of the button)

Without having managed to leave anywhere noticed that there is no battery charging, removed the generator and disassembled it. Opening showed that the patient died of opening - I joke :D. The generator appeared inside in bad condition, too damp, on a stator short circuit of several rounds, the protective varnish scorched, sense to repair isn't present

Found being in the use through a forum in very good condition, original. New to buy difficult and very expensively (about $700)

Between times decided to refresh the wheels of Pontiac GTA 16", photo from phone, alive more brightly :)

Assembled a front, adjusted all spacings as far as it is possible. PS: chrome on each side isn't fixed still

At last reached an accelerator pedal (it from Senator B). It was necessary to bend and transfer it a fastening shaft above

The trial trip showed that speed isn't displayed. The reason is the speed sensor - break of two wires from three. Disassembled, washed, soldered, assembled, missed the mark with sutural sealer a joint. Now works

Received the ordered fan spray jets of a washer from Great Wall Hover. Regulated also are established without alterations, as native

From a heap of all this set assembled pair of whole working electroheated mirrors

Painted color a black mat

Well and certainly established on a door

Bought a black acoustic carpet and glue in an aerosol

Pasted over a luggage compartment

and body racks

Sewed itself a ceiling cloth

Trial fitting before a stretch

And a final stretch with covering of racks

Today established rear windows with the chromeplated framework

Also disassembled engine top for painting (a cap of valves and an intake manifold)

Thanks to all who mastered and was read by such big post!

To be continued! ;)

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Looking very good my friend. I like the wheels as well, nice find. It must be hard to get some of these parts in good condition in Russia.

I can see you are putting a lot of hours into this car though, and it's looking great!

удача!

Last edited:

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Wow you work hard! Well done, this will be nice when completed.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Very nice work. It will look great when finished.

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Haha, I have been reading this whole thread in a russian accent in my head, and then when I watched the videos it was exactly as I imagined! lol.

But nice work on the car, looks like you've put in some hard work, and its coming up really nice, well done :)