Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY16 Jungle Green SSV Redline

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Pt 9.
So this time next week my car will be getting built (exciting times) here is a run down of the build process and the history of my car so far below it.

20 Ordered. (embryo) Car ordered by Dealer or Holden, waiting to be picked up for build. (3-2 Months out)
30 Preferenced. Car is picked up for build. (2 Months out)
32 Scheduled. Build week assigned, last milestone for any changes before locked in. (6-8 Weeks out)
33 Sequenced. Confirmed build date assigned. No more changes can be made at this milestone. (6 Weeks out)
34 Broadcast. VIN Number is generated. Car goes from 33 one day to 34 the next. (6 Weeks out)
35 Body Shop. Car is actually being built. There are sub-events under this that don’t show (i.e. 36, Paint Shop, 37 General Assembly)
38 Assembled. Car is built. Local builds can then enter HEC (Holden Enhancement Centre) for accessories to be added and can sit at this milestone for a few days.
40 Delivered to sales. Car is officially built and has left the factory.
42 Physically in transit to the Dealership.
50 Delivered to the Dealership.
60 Delivered to Customer.

• 9/6/2016 – Sequence 20.
• 7/7/2016 – Sequence 30.
• 26/7/2016 – Sequence 32. Target build, Week 5 of August,
• 28/7/2016 – Sequence 33. Target build date, Wednesday 31/8/2016
• 29/7/2016 – Sequence 34. VIN Generated

SC when and where did you get this info from?

I have purchased, and I assume they will order it after the 3 day cooling off period. When did they give you that info?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
SC when and where did you get this info from?

I have purchased, and I assume they will order it after the 3 day cooling off period. When did they give you that info?

I used to work at Holden, so had my contact update me on my build process.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getting her first wash. Off to the dealers on Saturday for her complimentary first inspection. She has only done 300km since I picked her up. Once they have carried out their work, I'll add all my bits and pieces and then she is off to get opticoated.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Ohhh so shiny!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
She had her first tank of fuel today since I have owned her (apart from the full tank on delivery)

Also got around to adding some of the accessories that I had bought for her. More to be fitted soon (when I get a chance)

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
It was nice weather today, so got around to cleaning the Redline and adding a few more "personalisation" items to it. Mudflaps, was 50/50 on the Red Centre caps but growing on me. Love the hint of red in the engine bay, goes well with the Redline theme.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
It was nice weather today, so got around to cleaning the Redline and adding a few more "personalisation" items to it. Mudflaps, was 50/50 on the Red Centre caps but growing on me. Love the hint of red in the engine bay, goes well with the Redline theme.

I think your right, red and green don't quite mix

MALUR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice & VE2 Omega
I reckon a it of red looks good with green, I had these engine covers on my Hothouse VY Maloo R8 and used colours from the rest of car (Red calipers, grey body kit inserts) and I reckon they looked alright with green. MALUR8 007.jpg

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hi SC, how is the ride with 20inch HF 20 wheels? I am about to purchanse mine but have to order wheels seperately. I can't wait until MY17.

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
My Redline is just under 3 weeks from getting built. I thought I would share some stuff and experience on my car and how I got here. I hope you guys enjoy my posts.
Hi Coach - Being new to this forum, I've found your posts really helpful and I've learnt more here than a years worth of dealer talk. Cheers Strueth