Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Polarizer

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
It's supposed to do something to the ions in the fuel or something along the lines. someone here will tell you later, i can feel it he he he

Jase

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Meant to align all the energy in the car as far as I know, which was meant to give you things like more fuel economy and more power and you name it its there. If you have one I'll buy it for 100 bucks.;)

Seriously it does **** all, just a shiny box that does nothing. I think to get the true effects of the polariser you had to do things with your tyre pressure etc aswell.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Snowfox said:
Just a query: What is an Energy Polarizer and what was it supposed to do ? I know it didn't earn brownie points for Peter Brock..

geeeez ...
a history lesson here....
the polarizer was developed by a 'doctor' called Eric Bowker
who convinced Peter Perfect that the ORGONE ENERGY the polarizer
used would smooth out all the harmonics a car develops when running
and make it runs smoother and use less fuel and wear out the tyres and brakes less........
if it fitted correctly in the right spot facing the right way
(which ever way that was....'coz they forgot a car moves... :p )

It was tested by Holdens over a period of time...and was found to have "no technical merit"....
It was only ever fitted by (the then remains of) HDT as part of the Peter Perfect "Plus PAck" on the GrpA's....
but it (the Polarizer) was NOT the cause of the final split between Peter Brock (and HDT) and Holdens..
that was caused by Brock introducing the "Director" without approval from Holdens (who were unable to warranty the vehicle as they had not been given one to test)

hth

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
VSUTE said:
isnt a genuine brock commie with a polariser really hard to come by?
ummm
yeah as far as I know....
coz they didn't sell that many with the Plus Pack
(compared to the usual SS GrpA aka red meanie)

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I'm betting it would be very arre to find one nowadays...
I'm reminded of my mate who used to own a genuine XY-GT Falcon. He met a guy at a GT club rally in Brisbane who had just made a small fortune because he had three of the original rev-limiters fited to XY-GTHO's. Apparently they were usually just unbolted and thrown away at the first service, so finding a GTHO with it's rev-limiter intact is very rare indeed.
I would daresay finding a Polariser would be much the same story...and if you have one, keep it safe because one day in years to come, the concourse restorers will be offering you their first-born to get hold of it... ;)

T

Tatts

vl director

I have heard through a good mate of mine about a genuine Vl director with polarizer fitted ....sitting under cover being restored somewhere in the south island of NZ.. it is secret coz even though he is a mate and the biggest holden and brock fan i know he assured the owner he wouldnt reveal its location ... he happened upon the viewing purely by chance ..he went to get some parts for his Vl Royale and was shown the car *director* "drooling heavily" <<<<<<<his words..
it does have build plate # but due to it being a rare find cant disclose it ...the owner has had an offer from somebody in australia wanting it back there ...but refuses to sell .. but did say if he did sell it would go back to aussie..

I know there are probably some people reading this and saying that it is all BS but i can assure you all it is true ... those who know the history of the vl director may know who owns it and exactly where it is ...All i can say is i wish i owned it :(