Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Putin's Offensive Campaign. Info

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
She doesn't claim to be impersonal. Far from it. It's personal because she has nowhere. Left in the 90s, escaped to freedom from Putin's Russia "with its rabid daily-life anti-Semitism and Slavic exceptionalism". Lived half her childhood in Ukraine. Now she can't even go to her parents graves.

It's not so much about her, though the personal insights she shares are enlightening. The way the other journalist crews from the big outfits behave, the vehicles, the scenery, the little details. She paints each scenario quite vivdly in my mind with her words.

*edit* Besides, what the fcuk is a "balanced" view about Vladolf Putler trying delete the entire population of a neighbouring country?
I totally agree with you; I simply noted that it wasn't impartial. It is clearly written from her perspective and shows an insight that only someone like her could describe. I found it a really interesting article.

I went to Bosnia and started up a mine clearance operation while on long service leave. My workforce was predominantly Croat as the school we established was in a "Serb" hotel, in Croat held ground on what was a previously predominantly Muslim area.

It didn't matter if we were clearing mines in Serb, Croat or Bosnain (Muslim) areas they all experienced the same thing but told completely different stories. Many of my workforce had fought against each other and at times had laid the mines we were clearing. I learned very quickly to have empathy with, but not to believe, what I was told. The facts were somewhere in the middle of the three realities.

Thanks for posting the article - it provides a great insight and description of the conflict from her perspective.

It is not possible for us to rationalise Putin's actions; however, there are others out there under the Red Star that will have an alternate view.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
I grabbed the wrong end of the stick again, I see. Not unusual. ;)
@UTE042_NZ

I find what you post here interesting. It is great to see something from someone else's perspective. I tend to look at it conflict though the lens of a veteran; that view does not fully take in the humanitarian issues. It is good to be reminded of the human toll of conflict.

Thanks for the insights.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What makes this war different from all wars before is the amount of info, video/news that is coming directly from the front lines as it happens.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Combined with very poor discipline from the forces on both sides of the conflict in relation to information security it is an absolute boon for the intelligence agencies around the world.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
If you really want to know whats going on use my hobbie like I have and watch Russian Satellites on Express 103 at 96.5 Degrees ( ALL FTA Free to air) can get one transponder on a 2.3M dish but recommended 3.0M and Satellite AMU 3 at position 103 Degrees east and some of the good channels are encrypted BUT THE 8 bit KEY IS AVAILABLE repetitive key on the internet so Tr.... don't complain because its PUBLIC!!!.

Do you know Ukraine invaded Russia thus the WAR!!! fark me the propaganda on these channels and all in Russian but I use this translator >>>>>