Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing VT/VX door trim

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i got the door handle, lock, winder off, and screws
kept pushing on the door, nothing came off when i started pulling.... if i kept pulling at the bottom might have snapped it, this is why i shouldn't attempt anything on my car... i'm so dumb...

im sure i have aftermarket speakers, couldn't check...

*annoyed*

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
i got the door handle, lock, winder off, and screws
kept pushing on the door, nothing came off when i started pulling.... if i kept pulling at the bottom might have snapped it, this is why i shouldn't attempt anything on my car... i'm so dumb...

im sure i have aftermarket speakers, couldn't check...

*annoyed*
I suggest reading the post at the top by Charg'd.It's a shame to hear you got so near ,yet so far

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
can't get the window winder off again, i think i put the clip on wrong, it just won't pop out. (passenger front)

tried about 400 times with all sorts of screw drivers, brother found it hopeless aswell... hmmm.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
can't get the window winder off again, i think i put the clip on wrong, it just won't pop out. (passenger front)

tried about 400 times with all sorts of screw drivers, brother found it hopeless aswell... hmmm.
Familiarize yourself with how the clip goes on and you'll develop a tool for the purpose.When I first tried to remove a door trim I almost tore the winder clean off.

peteskaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
:cry: I'm an igit just spent 40minutes trying to get the trim off thanks very much for the info
Well I just did an install on my ute the other day.. happened to take some pics:

stereo-020305%20003_sml.jpg

This is the bit you need to pop out... probably better to do it from the underside rather than the top, as I did here.. but either way will work. You don't have to remove it all the way, just pop it out a few mm and you will then be able to remove the lock button from the shaft it sits on.. the orange bit just clips over the shaft and holds it in place.

stereo-020305%20004_sml.jpg

This is what the button sits on... gotta remove this screw in behind it too, if you want to pull the door trim off.

stereo-020305%20005_sml.jpg

As you can see I damaged the button slightly in removing it.. it's bloody hard not to do though. This is why I say you're better to try and pop it out from the underside (which I actually did on the first door.. don't know why I went from the top on this one.. ANYWAY...)

Hope that helps.... :)

RedBull

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU SPac Ute
Hi,

Just trying to remove my door trims with the instructions above and the only thing i cant remove no matter how hard i try is the window winder.

it just wont budge. ive tried the rag trick as well as a screw driver or 2 but it just wont go.

Its the last thing i need to remove in order to get the trim off so i can put my new speakers in.

I also cant quite get access to the tweeter ontop of the dash uder the windscreen the trim wont pop out any further:bang: :cry:

Any help will be much appreciated :)

mattyv1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore S2
hate to be annoying but im stuck on the window crank if anyone could post a video of how to do teh rag trick it would be good. If not possible where can i buy the tool from like a holden dealer or what???

chinabone2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 2000mdl exec vl berlina
no this is a bit old fellas but u can modify a for take centre prongs out will work a treat

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If the winder retaining clip has you stuffed, you can still replade the speakers by pulling the bottom of the door trim away and working from underneath. Fiddly but not too bad.

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
Hey ppls I just removed my left Calais full leather door trim and I found the culprit is the stupid door latch, its busted where it connects onto the door opener rod mechanism.
Can this part be purchased seperately or is it a whole new door latch assembly needed?
Fk its annoying - yet another thing i'm having to fix up on my Calais , recently put in new seat belt escutcheon and new visor mirror assemblies! arghhh.
Can anyone help pls?

Cheers
VT97Calais