Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roll Racing - how to ?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I believe you need to upload to YouTube or something

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Guys - I have a few small videos but not sure how to post them. I tried as an attachment but they are "too large" - they range from 4 MB to 26MB. Is there another way to upload them ?
Just upload to YouTube and then link the video to JC
That's what I am doing in my truck build thread

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Guys - I have a few small videos but not sure how to post them. I tried as an attachment but they are "too large" - they range from 4 MB to 26MB. Is there another way to upload them ?

Youtube

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
I'm actually heading up to The Bend for roll racing this weekend so its interesting to hear they've increased the rolling starts to 50km/h now. It's a bit of an awkward spot for 4 speed auto so it'll require some practice.

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
I'm actually heading up to The Bend for roll racing this weekend so its interesting to hear they've increased the rolling starts to 50km/h now. It's a bit of an awkward spot for 4 speed auto so it'll require some practice.

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
Best of luck - I'm sitting this one out waiting for a dyno run. Back at the next one. Let's know how the 50k starts work.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
Best of luck - I'm sitting this one out waiting for a dyno run. Back at the next one. Let's know how the 50k starts work.
So I was starting to get a hang of the 50km/h starts until on my 5th run of the night my rear part of the exhaust decided it wanted to come loose and because of it happening on a run i had to then drive it all the way back around to the pits with it dragging and it bent where it joins just enough that it couldnt be fixed at the time so i drove back to adelaide with it in my boot and a very loud Statesman.

Still had lots of fun and def want to do it again once sorted out a few bits on my car.

Reactions: Lex

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
That trip back around to the pits is a killer & bloody hard to see where you are going after the arc lights in your face down pit straight !
Glad you enjoyed it and hope you get back there soon and not too many $ disappear on the repairs. Next one is September 25th - may actually get a daylight run!
I found my dash cam failed to record anything on the runs and just a bit round the back of the track. Have you had any issues like that ?

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
I had my phone mounted on a phone holder to record each run and found that easier and better quality. Im yet to check the dashcam footage itself

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
My jealousy is real

Enjoy