Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shannons insurance

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Just got my renewal notices both cars ( combined on one ) and the house = separate premium ( observably) .
Had the Lancia with them for 3.5 decades and others have come and gone in that time .
I figure off what others have said = costs = I'm not complaining .
CV8 = stayed at agreed $55k , Focus ST stayed at agreed $22k , Lancia = laid up agreed =up almost $800 ,= ( I would want 3 to 4 times the agreed if up and running and using).
But WTF = Maloo went from agreed $32k to $31,999= really $1 !!!
Oh =the premium= up $6.42 a month

The house premium is what blew me away ( not in a good way ) = guessing I'm paying a big premium hike to keep profit going and still not sorting real flood victims who have lost everything = up $40 a month!!!
OH =yes they are due at different dates in the month to help manage payments.

Edit: might add both the CV8 and Maloo are extreme limited use and modified .

Last edited:

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Just got my renewal notices both cars ( combined on one ) and the house = separate premium ( observably) .
Had the Lancia with them for 3.5 decades and others have come and gone in that time .
I figure off what others have said = costs = I'm not complaining .
CV8 = stayed at agreed $55k , Focus ST stayed at agreed $22k , Lancia = laid up agreed =up almost $800 ,= ( I would want 3 to 4 times the agreed if up and running and using).
But WTF = Maloo went from agreed $32k to $31,999= really $1 !!!
Oh =the premium= up $6.42 a month

The house premium is what blew me away ( not in a good way ) = guessing I'm paying a big premium hike to keep profit going and still not sorting real flood victims who have lost everything = up $40 a month!!!
OH =yes they are due at different dates in the month to help manage payments.

yeh im in sa and all house insurances seem to have gone up, $400 extra getting quotes but seems all have jumped up.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Talking to a mate just recently about Shannons. He has changed from Shannons to NRMA Vintage and Classic car insurance.
He reckons the cover is like for like but the premiums were a pleasant surprise. He was able to increase the agreed values on his cars and still saved money on the premiums at the same time.

DevlChsr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute '08
my car insurance is due for renewal
i was all set to go to shannons
until i noticed a lot of recent bad reviews
anybody with shannons have any input, good or bad input welcome
seems since suncorp merger shannons have become a different company
After returning home to God's country here in Qld after nearly 2 decades down South in Mexico I decided to compare my Shannon's insurance premium. RACQ provides the exact same coverage (all the extras) for around 50% less Pesos. That's what I call a no-brainer. You're in Vic but that doesn't stop you getting an RACQ quote. Show it to Shannon's and cut a deal.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Shannons often drop values by $1 on some of my cars.
I tried enthusiast was more than double the cost of Shannons wtf
I tried rino, and they wont cover 7 cars & trailer because my Ranger lives in driveway & doesnt fit under roller door.
RAA wont come to the party on some of our cars due to mods etc, and they want the Senator insured as a Berlina, at 1/4 the value.

Feels like Shannons have me over a barrel right now since I cant find a like for like offering at competitive rates.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I was a bit disappointed that Shannons only gave me $25k and that was because I have mods, which were worth $4k, with actual cost around $10k. They wanted to go max at $21k until I told them the mods I had. Apparently stock Series I VE SS base utes are only being advertised at $21k. My searching says people are asking in the high $20s.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
When I amended mine, they suggested that the Monaro go onto extreme limited use, and save just under $200.
Wasn't satisfied with being restricted to 2 times per month, so declined, even though they said that I could drive it on a big lap around the country in one trip with that cover.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Asking price, yeah, well.........
Look at the Monaro asking prices, and the number for sale. Speculators hoping that somebody will be silly / desperate enough to pay.
Yeah but when I asked to increase my value to $28k the rep did a net search and said they were selling for $21k. Not sure how they came up with that figure?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Yeah but when I asked to increase my value to $28k the rep did a net search and said they were selling for $21k. Not sure how they came up with that figure?

They used CarSales when I called them for a quote. They look at similar cars with similar mileage and work from there. They told me which cars they were looking at so I could follow along.