Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Sled...

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Cheers Ms Demon, good to be back! ;)

Tell me about it! I've been driving a beat up old rodeo around for the last year then got sick of the oil leaks on my driveway and not being able to park on anyone else's driveways, so went and got a new toy.
Funny thing is I fixed the oil leaks on the ute, and still drive that to work.. :/

The Senator was nice, though this is more fun being a manual. :D

Boys at work recon its a Mazda 6..

All rodeo's leak oil like it's going out of fashion but you can't kill the bloody things and utes are extremely handy. What happened to the kingy? project you had going a while back?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
All rodeo's leak oil like it's going out of fashion but you can't kill the bloody things and utes are extremely handy. What happened to the kingy? project you had going a while back?

Hell yeah they're as tough as nails..! This things running 20psi boost up it and I ramped the fuel up a bit..! Loves it, been like it for 12 months or so? lol

Ahh the good ol' HQ, it's still around, little bit of progress, flat firewall, flat rear end of the cab/more room for subs/seat adjustment.. New full length windscreen cowl replacement panel.
Will update the thread soon, got a few pics, but nothing to special.. Need motorvation.. :/

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
20 psi um holy crap dude.

How can you be lacking motivation with something like that sitting there waiting to be worked on :p

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
20 psi um holy crap dude.

How can you be lacking motivation with something like that sitting there waiting to be worked on :p

:rofl2:

Um, I'm not entirely sure, but it stems from working 60+ hours a week and not having some one nagging me to finish it..!! :p

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I love that colour! Rims ain't too bad. I'd rather them than some aftermarkets that are way to big ie 22's. Very nice ride

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate, I actually washed it on Sunday, looks tidy.. ;)

Just thinking about a cam for it now, exhaust, otr, etc... Just trying to figure out brands, and suppliers.. :/

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Just thinking about a cam for it now, exhaust, otr, etc... Just trying to figure out brands, and suppliers.. :/

I'd go for a full zorst from NAAF, VCM OTR, and see what a reputable workshop recommends for a cam. There's like eleventy billion combinations of what you're after, and you'll get just as many responses from what people think. You're on the coast like me, and there isnt too many workshops up that way. There's Boydy's at Berkeley Vale, a few guys I know recommend him but I've never had work done there so I dont know what he's like. There is also Streamline at Warner's Bay, other than that you'll be off to Syd to a variety of places.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd go for a full zorst from NAAF, VCM OTR, and see what a reputable workshop recommends for a cam. There's like eleventy billion combinations of what you're after, and you'll get just as many responses from what people think. You're on the coast like me, and there isnt too many workshops up that way. There's Boydy's at Berkeley Vale, a few guys I know recommend him but I've never had work done there so I dont know what he's like. There is also Streamline at Warner's Bay, other than that you'll be off to Syd to a variety of places.

Will check out NAAF re: zorsts, if he does 'custom' orders, that would be sweet.. :D

Unsure how good the factory HSV headers are, or if they're any different to any other LS3?
Basically after a short, straight system, just to be a pest to society.
Something like 2 bits of straight pipe with flanges to fit the cats on one end and a dump at the other, about 2' long. Might need another cat back for inspections, when it gets stickered. :whistling

Yeah, as you know there's nothing on the Coast. Probably go Sam's Performance or Marrano's depending on a number of things; Other members experiences with workshops in Sydney.

The things not a daily driver, so I can afford to go a little further with the mods than some, as I don't need it to "drive to work on Monday..."

Not set in concrete, but if it gets a cam, I want to know its in there. Do it once do it right. Down low drive-ability isn't really an issue, it won't be driving Ms Daisy to church on Sundays. :rofl2:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
So.. Procrastination at its best, still haven't done much to this sled, other than drive it. Lol,

But the time has come that changes need to be made, I'm either going to trade this on a Colorado or something alike, or finally cam it and make some changes to it.
Checking out Holden tomorrow, but will most likely get offered peanuts as trade value so will need a new stick soon, possibly shifter - it's a pita to get 3rd gear sometimes, probably clutch soon after..

Probably after ideas if anyone's got suggestions..