Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Statesman

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ STATESMAN SV90 VQ CAPRICE WL CAPRICE
started to fiber glassing my console got a fair way to go yet but should look sweet when im done. progress pic

STATO716a.jpg

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Absolutely ****ing awesome!!!!!!!! :)

Good work man, Gonna need a shitload of bog & sanding by the looks of it :)

Cheers
MaT

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoZy said:
Absolutely ****ing awesome!!!!!!!! :)

Good work man, Gonna need a shitload of bog & sanding by the looks of it :)

Cheers
MaT
dont really want to use that much bog if i can.alot of sanding to do :b: ive only done 1 layer of fiber glass but starting to take shape :D

F

foammedia

Statesman man, do you have a 660 foot mph on your time slip? can I have that and some info on how much traction you had during the run so I can compare my 1/8th mile mph

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
you should of gotten some dowlling, some square 1cm dowling, and use that as like a bevel around the shifter whole so it slopes down so theres not so much of a gap between the top of the shifter & the console, would of given a more smooth look, Hope you know what i mean.

Cheers
MaT

EDIT:

ATTACHED PIC

Attachments

• PIC111111.JPG
    PIC111111.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 510

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman man, do you have a 660 foot mph on your time slip? can I have that and some info on how much traction you had during the run so I can compare my 1/8th mile mph

here you go. had no traction problems boots full of stereo gear and the tyres are wide enough plus i had 3/4 of petrol in my 80 litre tank. had to take out the spare though.

QTRmiletimeslip1.jpg

you should of gotten some dowlling, some square 1cm dowling, and use that as like a bevel around the shifter whole so it slopes down so theres not so much of a gap between the top of the shifter & the console, would of given a more smooth look, Hope you know what i mean.

Cheers
MaT

yeah i know what ya mean with the doweling. i was thinking of moulding the acctual casing of the shifter and moulding it to the console but it is going to be covered in leather and i dont want 2 many curves as i don't want any joins in the leather if possible.

sorry dude i cant see the pics you put on here i couldn't see the ones on your rides page either :b: im not sure why i can't see them

F

foammedia

Thanks man, I took my VP to the 1/8th mile and run 9.81 but had to do granny launches all day and had 2.5 60 foot times when they should have been less than 2.2. On my first run I was over enthusiastic. smoked 1st and 2nd and run 11.8 :p.

I was running a smidge under 75mph though so had all the potential to run a 9.4, would have if I had the same traction I get on the street.

My track is having an all steet meeting later in the year, I hope the traction will be better, when I got home I also found 2 missing and 1 loose bolts on my passenger side header which turned out to be costing me .2 or so :(. My goal is to run a 9.1-9.2 1/8th mile as soon as I get a good exhaust on it (and a LSD)

Then a high 8 and high 13 1/4 mile with a cam. The thing doesn't weigh much so it should happen.

I raced a "stock" VP Ute that was pulling slightly less mph than you, I think you're doing well with the tonnage you're carrying around

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Very nice ride mate, goodluck with the mods in the future :)

antvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged V6 VT S
sweet lookin stato mate, certainly a lot of work in it.

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
foammedia no problems its always good to compare time with others. yeah the stato go ok for the weight its pulling

Goon and antvt thanx and yeah bit of work in it. keeps me busy