Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey Mace, will i need a torque wrench to fit my new rockers? I have a ft pound one. I just need to figure out what i need to bring into Town if i am not home when I fit them. I keep a spanner and socket set in Town but not much else. Also will i need any GM thread sealant to lock the bolts?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hey Mace, will i need a torque wrench to fit my new rockers? I have a ft pound one. I just need to figure out what i need to bring into Town if i am not home when I fit them. I keep a spanner and socket set in Town but not much else. Also will i need any GM thread sealant to lock the bolts?
Do they come with new bolts or are you reusing old ones? Original ones are torque to yeild (or torque to angle depending on who you speak to). Wouldn't do any harm using a little blue loctite on them, although if they're tensioned adequately you won't have an issue. GM sealant is used where bolts go through to water and can require re-tensioning.

I'd just use generic torque specs for whatever the thread size is (assuming 5/16 UNC or similar?). Always good to use a torque wrench as the cast iron heads are quite soft. Easier to pull threads out of cast iron that most people realise.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I believe the kit comes with new bolts. I will pack the torque wrench and a 3/8 adapter, socket set is 3/8.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi Mace, i currently have Mace CAI, Mace memcal and Pacies. As you know i have HR rockers on their way. Do you offer anything else for the L27 or can you recommend anything else as a decent upgrade? Trans currently has a reamed VB, and larger boost valve. I have a Vette servo but need to slip out the trans to fit it, so may or may not happen this year, since trans is in good condition. Bored VB would be good but you have no stock and you may not build them anymore by the sounds of it.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi losh1971,

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you, unfortunately, we don't offer throttle body to suit Buick anymore. There must be something in the near future, however, we don't have a firm time estimate.

We have a CAM and CHIP package for Buick, however, given you have ordered rockers, this package wouldn't work. High ratio rockers are not suitable for use with an aftermarket camshaft unless the cam was designed for them because the excessive amounts of lift will potentially cause engine damage.

To give you an idea of what parts we have for Buick engine, please refer to the link shown below.

https://www.maceengineering.com.au/...ion=View&ObjectID=24418025&PageSize=30&Page=2

Your order of high ratio roller rockers was sent out on July 5th via Express post, going by the tracking number it was delivered today.

https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/details/3BY2034902

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Michael

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi losh1971,

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you, unfortunately, we don't offer throttle body to suit Buick anymore. There must be something in the near future, however, we don't have a firm time estimate.
Thanks Michael. I ended up fitting a 65mm V8 TB. Sounds like i have pretty much gone as far as i can with my NA L27. I know you don't offer them but what are your thoughts on a hi flow cat? I have Pacies and 2.5" cat back. Would a new cat be worth the 180 - 200 bucks?

MACE

Reaction score
"Thanks Michael. I ended up fitting a 65mm V8 TB. Sounds like i have pretty much gone as far as i can with my NA L27. I know you don't offer them but what are your thoughts on a hi flow cat? I have Pacies and 2.5" cat back. Would a new cat be worth the 180 - 200 bucks?"
Unfortunately, we have no idea on price, it could be anywhere from $100-$180. Depending on which one you are planning to install it would definitely worth, given you have installed the cold air intake.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind reg nards,
Michael

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks Michael, I will add a Hi-flow cat, (probably 200 cel) to the list. Figure it's probably the last restriction I have, apart from the Y pipe that unfortunately needs to stay. Yes CAI, and hopefully this weekend the rockers you sent will be installed.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Thanks Michael. I ended up fitting a 65mm V8 TB. Sounds like i have pretty much gone as far as i can with my NA L27. I know you don't offer them but what are your thoughts on a hi flow cat? I have Pacies and 2.5" cat back. Would a new cat be worth the 180 - 200 bucks?
Imo, not worth spending money on a cat - you won’t gain performance. They’re the same cat as the v8’s. Changed from factory single cat on my vs v8 to twin 2.25” cat and didn’t make any noticeable difference. Definitely won’t on the 6. Maybe a little more noise and will smell a bit more but that’s about it.

Only other thing is a dyno tune, but still only likely to get you a few kw and not worth it on a hp per $ basis.