Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Performance Parts - L67

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
Hey guys i brought, a 10 psi upgrade kit for my vs caprice on gas and i'm very happy with. I would recommend this upgrade kit to anyone who has a l67 engine and keep up the good work steve

BJ31OS

Supercharged VT
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Series 2 VT
Hey guys i brought, a 10 psi upgrade kit for my vs caprice on gas and i'm very happy with. I would recommend this upgrade kit to anyone who has a l67 engine and keep up the good work steve

Thats what i wanted to hear lol i will be ordering one this week are they hard to fit.

Cheers Brad

Sheany

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S SuperCharged
Having fitted one myself, I agree, best thing you could do for your l67. It's a little time consuming, but not overly hard. Just pace yourself and make sure you understand the instructions and you'll be fine,

MACE

Reaction score

Thanks BT1-355 :thumbsup: Glad to hear your happy with the upgrade :yeah:

Thats what i wanted to hear lol i will be ordering one this week are they hard to fit.

Cheers Brad

Having fitted one myself, I agree, best thing you could do for your l67. It's a little time consuming, but not overly hard. Just pace yourself and make sure you understand the instructions and you'll be fine,

As Sheany, has pointed out Brad they key to anyone doing this mod for the first time, who isn't a mechanical guru for arguments sake, is to pace yourself. This is about the best piece of advice I could recommend to anyone who wants to undertake any mod to their car but have had limited past experience :)

Cheers
Steve

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
^^^^^ That is correct, all you have to do is pace yourself and follow the instructions.
PS you have to removed the 1 coil, as it isn't listed on the instructions and get yourself a small copper washer
But if you have any problems, just give steve a email or call and he is more than willing to help you out...

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Brad the cost of the boost upgrade kit including the loan of the tool is $295. In regards to payment it can be made via bank deposit, credit card over the phone, money order or paypal.

Cheers
Steve :D

What does this kit include?

I guessing its removing the stock 6psi pulley and putting on the 10psi one yeh or do I have to have to do something else done before I can get the 10psi upgrade ?

For $295 that bang for your buck.

What is the difference between your 10psi upgrade and FIT's 10psi besides the price?

cheers

J

jc58nc

Hi Steve, I'm trying to decide between the mini blizzard or the intermediate intercooler for my Vr ute with an L67.
I currently running a 87mm (10lb) pulley, 1:8.1 rockers, twin cat exhaust ect, ect.
Always run 98 oct fuel
And would like to upgrade to a 76mm (14lb) pulley.

As I will have clearance problems with the Vr would the mini intercooler cope with the 14lb boost without a tune or would I need the intermediate?

Do you have any temperature drop figures of the two coolers running at WOT for comparison?

If the mini blizzard is OK to use what price can you do it for?

Thanks Jeff C

MACE

Reaction score
What does this kit include?

I guessing its removing the stock 6psi pulley and putting on the 10psi one yeh or do I have to have to do something else done before I can get the 10psi upgrade ?

For $295 that bang for your buck.

What is the difference between your 10psi upgrade and FIT's 10psi besides the price?

cheers

The kit comes with everything need for the job :)

In regards to the 10psi upgrade, assuming the your plugs and leads are in good nick, then the only other thing you'll need to do is to run 98 octane. That's it :yeah:

The difference between ours and FIT's is that our can run a 8 rib belt, whiles theirs can only run a 6 rib item.

Hi Steve, I'm trying to decide between the mini blizzard or the intermediate intercooler for my Vr ute with an L67.
I currently running a 87mm (10lb) pulley, 1:8.1 rockers, twin cat exhaust ect, ect.
Always run 98 oct fuel
And would like to upgrade to a 76mm (14lb) pulley.

As I will have clearance problems with the Vr would the mini intercooler cope with the 14lb boost without a tune or would I need the intermediate?

Do you have any temperature drop figures of the two coolers running at WOT for comparison?

If the mini blizzard is OK to use what price can you do it for?

Thanks Jeff C

Hi Jeff,

Given the ratio rockers you have I would suggest a 79mm pulley and the mini without a tune. With the intermediate you can get away with either a 74mm or 71mm pulley, however space would be an issue. You could get away with this though if you ran K frame spacers, or run a very small pulley in conjunction with a custom tune.

We don’t have temp readings at WOT for the different cores just power figures as that what really shows that whether or not the cooler is doing it job :)

At the moment the price for the mini blizzard is $1250.

Cheers
Steve :thumbsup:

J

jc58nc

Thanks Steve, A mini cooler with a 79mm pulley sounds good to me :)

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Mace,

With your mega blizzard water to air intercooler kit, how much difference would i see if I ported ths M90 and LIM?