Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC booster rebuild kit

Peterwill

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vc commodore
Hello to everyone, does anyone out there know where I can get a booster rebuild kit for a vc dual diaphragm.
thanks

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Try PBR power brakes ....

613 North East Road Holden Hill

Barring that I do have one I'd be willing to sell

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
a lot of brakes places do a changeover

beats doing a rebuild yourself (which i have done... PITA)

Peterwill

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vc commodore
Ok thanks for the replies, I want to do it myself if I can get the replacement bits. I’ll try pbr and see what they say, I don’t think they like selling the kits. I’ve been looking around and for some reason they are hard to get. Thank you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Being an old Commodore I reckon if PB can't get you one you will struggle. I've bought parts from them years ago, when there was no options for 70s bikes like there is now. Unfortunately I don't see the AM stepping in like they have done with vintage bikes that are the same across the world.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ok thanks for the replies, I want to do it myself if I can get the replacement bits. I’ll try pbr and see what they say, I don’t think they like selling the kits. I’ve been looking around and for some reason they are hard to get. Thank you

I bought master cylinder kits through them before today.....Can't see why they won't sell a kit for the booster if they stock them.

Barring them, you could also try ABS....Not sure if they sell kits, but worth a try

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I bought master cylinder kits through them before today.....Can't see why they won't sell a kit for the booster if they stock them.

Barring them, you could also try ABS....Not sure if they sell kits, but worth a try
I reckon PB should be able to piece something together. That's what they done for me in the past.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have an idea that PB supplied my replacement MC in the old VR ute. They had the last new OEM one in existence and it ended up on my old ute.