Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE axle retaining clip

Rupey

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I fitted a new diff to my SS earlier this year. I had no clips and there is no provision for clips. The shafts simply slid out. This must not be a VE diff same as mine.

On mine the hub holds the shaft inside.
That I couldn't tell you but my car is a VE clubsport R8

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That I couldn't tell you but my car is a VE clubsport R8

I'd say that's the difference. Someone like @lmoengnr would probably know. I didn't realise you had a HSV.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
those clips are rounded and with decent load applied to them will pinch in allowing the shaft to be removed, if they were a flat clip u wouldnt get the shaft out without destroying them, ive only seen this style of clip used on other things so guessing it works the same

Rupey

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
those clips are rounded and with decent load applied to them will pinch in allowing the shaft to be removed, if they were a flat clip u wouldnt get the shaft out without destroying them, ive only seen this style of clip used on other things so guessing it works the same
Correct, they are a rounded clip.. I just can't find the part number or size so I can replace them

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Call Holden they should have a listing for them. You can still get diff parts so presumably these are still available.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
maby even a bearing/industrial place may have one if u show them the sample to match up

Rupey

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Call Holden they should have a listing for them. You can still get diff parts so presumably these are still available.
I'll be doing that as a last resort.. Holden will charge like a wounded bull.. if I can find out the size I can source them elsewhere and pay a fraction of Holden's price.
I will be calling a couple of diff rebuilders first, I'm sure they will know and probably have them on the shelf for when they do rebuilds or changeovers..
Just thought I'd ask here first as nothing is open due to the public holiday here in Victoria.

Rupey

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
maby even a bearing/industrial place may have one if u show them the sample to match up
Yes will try this and also call couple of diff rebuilders.. I'm sure they would know.. trying to avoid going to Holden and having my wallet raped for a $2 part lol
Just thought I'd suss it out here as its public holiday here in Victoria today.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I'd say that's the difference. Someone like @lmoengnr would probably know. I didn't realise you had a HSV.
My m80 has it too.

I'm thinking it has something to do with traction control?

Does BT have t/c?

@Rupey does your R8 have t/c?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'll be doing that as a last resort.. Holden will charge like a wounded bull..
I regularly buy parts from Holden and rarely has anything been really expensive. People have this illusion that everything Holden sell is made of gold and Holden charge it. Holden tend to be cheaper than eBay too.