Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HSV Senator

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
I couldnt access account so had to open a new one
My build is an e1 Ve hsv senator with a lsx 454 solid roller N/A i hd the engine built and started it in november 2019, 458rwkw the builder put a cam in and didnt have enough spring pressure so pulled it out in april 2020, rebuilt lifters , new cam, started it back up mid august last yr ran it up on dyno 488rwkw. Mid december put a flex fuel sensor on it and ran it up on E85 502rwkw... Been running great and now very happy

Lsx block bored and honed 4.190 bore 4.125 stroke , rotating assembly balanced with ati balancer and light flywheel, king coated bearings
Je Fsr pistons, compression 12.3 :1
trickflow MMS 260 ls7 heads 2.200 hollow intake, 1.615 solid ex , pac 1209x springs with titanium retainers
ARP head studs for six bolt heads, ARP bolts thruout
YT MMS solid roller rockers, edelbrock high rise valve covers
Crower solid lifters
Cam motion low lash Solid roller cam 255/269 114.5+4.5 specced it myself
double row timing set +6
cometic MLX head gaskets
MMS ls7 MSD airforce intake manifold, msd fuel rails, 1000cc injectors
TPIS 102mm throttle body
Harrop otr cai
melling standard volume high pressure pump
evans water pump , 160thermostat
MSD starter
catch can
hurrican 1 7/8 cermaic coated extractors
3inch no cats ceramic coated cat back
new power steer cooler
new engine oil thermostat
new front and rear rotors and pads
new rear speed sensors and speed sensor harness new rear wheel bearings
new plugs and leads new concentric slave cylinder,
new headlights
new front bumper, bonnet, front guards, fresh paint
new windscreen sill
all engine bay harnesses re-wrapped
brake lines flushed , new brake fluid
new flat underbody panels, front and rear diffuser
new fire wall heat sheild
new window trim all round
adjustable control arms with nolathane bushes
MCA red coil over shocks
harrop tru track diff, 3.45 , vf upgraded axles
fore innovations twin intank 285lph pumps
t56 gearbox , mantic twin ceramic clutch , light flywheel
flex fuel sensor

next for mods is a cage, new front seats, totally new upholstery inside, then its complete
engine bay.jpg
car1.jpg
dyno 98 v e85.jpeg

Last edited:

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Nice man. I like the look a lot too!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice
Photos of interior when done!! = Please!!

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
I have the engine at the machine shop getting lifter bores done to accept jesel .937 keyway lifters.
Discussed going to a 75mm cam core and will have give him an answer next week . Can go way more lift or stay same as ive been running and just have nice easy lobes over the top
Piston bores will get a light hone so will need new rings. new main n rod bearings also
Sending the heads to the states for a little more porting, titanium valves, seals , enlarging rocker hold down bolt holes and changing to manley nextek springs
The engine works are purely for longevity but will gain a little more horsepower with a new cam going in.
Ive been running a t56 for the last 6 yrs and just starting to get a bit of a grind 2nd to 3rd so looking at a tr6060mg9 and wht changes ill need to get it in.
Bought new rocker shafts so they accept 10mm hold down bolts, new trunions as well
Only other thing i may do is shorten the runners in the msd intake.
I should be around 520-530rwkw once its back up and running.

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
I have the engine at the machine shop getting lifter bores done to accept jesel .937 keyway lifters.
Discussed going to a 75mm cam core and will have give him an answer next week . Can go way more lift or stay same as ive been running and just have nice easy lobes over the top
Piston bores will get a light hone so will need new rings. new main n rod bearings also
Sending the heads to the states for a little more porting, titanium valves, seals , enlarging rocker hold down bolt holes and changing to manley nextek springs
The engine works are purely for longevity but will gain a little more horsepower with a new cam going in.
Ive been running a t56 for the last 6 yrs and just starting to get a bit of a grind 2nd to 3rd so looking at a tr6060mg9 and wht changes ill need to get it in.
Bought new rocker shafts so they accept 10mm hold down bolts, new trunions as well
Only other thing i may do is shorten the runners in the msd intake.
I should be around 520-530rwkw once its back up and running.
Noice mate..sounds like a pretty strong NA build - should post up a video of it running

What's its street manners like - i.e. is it happy cruising around in traffic all day or is it a bit of a handful?

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
with the bigger cubes it eats up a bigger cam so a tiny little bit of surge maybe lugging round a corner in 2nd. i really dont notice it mayb learnt how to drive around it......if anyone goes for a ride they hv all said very surprised how smooth it is... i built it to drive so i beat on it everyday , tow excavators, heavy loads on trailers a 20min mountain run once a week. ill stoplight race anyone who wants a crack
The only thing is in tht stop start freeway bumper to bumper shite is it can get bit tiduios with light flywheel n clutching alot.
i never do burnouts but still go thru tires fast, its constantly spinning em.... dont know how to upload vids

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Mick, was it you that was going to try an 8 speed auto conversion?

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
I have wanted to go to an 8 speed but at the moment no one has an ecu tht can run it along with all the other computers in the car.
You can get the 8 or 10 speed for the LT engines in connect and cruise but they are straight stand alone.
So at the moment ill have to stick to my 8 speed vw troc.
I havnt seen any suggestions tht theres anyone close to providing whts needed to run the 8 or 10 speeds. The closests to it has been using a bmw 8 speed in a clutchless manual situation .