Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF S2 or ZB, what to buy

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I vaguely recall reading the ‘recalibration procedure’ in the offical VF manual. It was a long time ago, and my recollection might be faulty, but I seem to recall that the camera is self calibrating, so all that was required was to drive the vehicle on some straight roads and allow the camera to work out where the edges of the road are. But the VF only has a passive lane departure warnings, so other systems with active lane-keep probably need a more rigorous recalibration.

I just had a Quick Look in the manual. No calibration required if the windscreen is replaced…

View attachment 266519

i think the reason they run it through the calibration process after the replacement is just to make sure everything is operating correctly and i guess it will also depend on the manufacturer and system they have designed and what they recommend but as you see its not some sort of crazy thing that would justify a massive cost.

but J_D has a point the more crap they put in the more we have to worry about having to repair.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I had a new windscreen put into my VXR after the original was cracked by an acorn sized rock. The glass place asked me what driving aids are in my car, I replied, "all of them." ;)

They did a great job too, everything works fine, no complaints from me and it was all paid for by insurance so didn't cost me a cent.

Reactions: Lex

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 ZB Commodore LT 2.0T Wagon
Have had a LT wagon for about 2 years. Still has a massive boot and can fit heaps of stuff from bunnings trips etc, tows well with a 6x4.

The get up and go for the 4cyl is super nice in mid range and you get a nice little turbo induction. I am an absolute lead foot and the fuel consumption is still around 9.5l/100km for 50/50 freeway/suburb driving.

The speed limiter (as opposed to cruise control) is amazing and I use it all the time, definitely have a go at it if you haven't next time you do a test drive (I don't think the VF came with it, could be wrong).

The price of the LT has dropped to about 16-17k from what I last saw on carsales, absolute steal for the price.

CLF_RS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Wagon
I've never had or driven a VF - the latest being a VE wagon... I upgraded to a 2019 RS-V ZB 12 months ago and after driving almost 20 different cars (mainly 2x Nissans, 3x Fords, 9x Holdens, 3x Mitsubishi) over the years, the ONLY car it is not as much fun to drive as was my 1974 5lt HQ Premier sedan... that made much better noise when driving around!! J/K!!

I wanted to steer away from the diesel (plus I don't like front wheel drive) so my only option was the V6 AWD version - and I'm really happy I went for the RS-V version. Whether this is the car you want or need, I can't say but it goes harder & handles better than any other I've driven - except for a mates WRX ST-i version...

I've only done about 15000km since buying it but it eats up long trips with pretty good economy. A recent trip from Melbourne to Adelaide & back netted an average 7.7lt per 100km. Unless you can get a really low km VF S2, you won't be disappointed with the V6 AWD ZB sedan or wagon. Like some said above, try a few test drives first of course.

Last edited:

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Im not sure why you would even be considering the older VF??
The ZB Calais V Tourer wagon is what youre looking for & will get one with plenty of change form your budget.