Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I hate to say it , I love my Ford Focus ST .
Handling, go and practicality!!!
Have lowered passenger rear seat back = take the wiper sniper to the misso place to , well!!
Tuesday arvo (Hanging out =use Maloo = shite weather forecast = high hail possibility so , noo ).

So around 80 kgs of gravel in buckets in hatch area = after rear axle , plus a few other items dispersed around , the cab .
Was very apprehensive , = but handling and go = still like a champ= didn't notice too much at all !!!

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
The weather is starting to get cooler. So I ran my new heater hoses.
Heater tap is now under the abs bracket, and lines are supported by a p-clamp.
The idea is to keep them away from the intake manifold, A) they are warm and I don't need that heat affecting the IAT's, and B) more room for airflow around the intake runners/plenum etc to also hopefully reduce IAT's.
And C) looks tidier maybe.
IMG_20230430_133546.jpg

First test drive and 'drum-roll' it leaked hot coolant onto my left foot. Dang, guess that quick heater core install method opens the option for more leak points.
So I've tightened the suspect clamp, and will see what happens on my next test, without a drive.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Went for a long haul yesterday, for another tow car mission. Destination was 2hrs from home. But took 9.5hrs round trip, 5-up as a family.
Pulled this from a barn (with a tractor)
IMG-20230701-WA0000.jpg

Unfortunately drove about 7meters, broke an exhaust rubber, and scraped the exhaust down the driveway.
But I had a stash of zip ties so threw one of them on to hold it up, and drove off centre of drive to avoid ruts.
Then 15mins later pulled over to replace ziptie as it was gone and exhaust scrapping on little bumps.
Repeat again 15 minutes later, and again 15 later.
Zipties suck as exhaust hanger rubbers.
Got to my mates halfway between destination and home, had a cuppa, and used tiewire to hold up tailpipe closer to underbody.
The remaining journey home was pretty sweet in comparison. Even though it was now dark and raining.

Unloaded truck today, returned trailer, and washed the car.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Went for a long haul yesterday, for another tow car mission. Destination was 2hrs from home. But took 9.5hrs round trip, 5-up as a family.
Pulled this from a barn (with a tractor)View attachment 253864
Unfortunately drove about 7meters, broke an exhaust rubber, and scraped the exhaust down the driveway.
But I had a stash of zip ties so threw one of them on to hold it up, and drove off centre of drive to avoid ruts.
Then 15mins later pulled over to replace ziptie as it was gone and exhaust scrapping on little bumps.
Repeat again 15 minutes later, and again 15 later.
Zipties suck as exhaust hanger rubbers.
Got to my mates halfway between destination and home, had a cuppa, and used tiewire to hold up tailpipe closer to underbody.
The remaining journey home was pretty sweet in comparison. Even though it was now dark and raining.

Unloaded truck today, returned trailer, and washed the car.
What year? & more story history of it & pics please.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I'll check the underbody later, but won't be surprised to see exhaust pipe damage.
On another note, AFR's were mostly in the 12's for the trip home.
And now hot idle goes 17/18 which might mean an exhaust leak.

Oh, and highway cruise with an empty trailer was showing 74° trans temp. I didn't check when loaded though.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
What year? & more story history of it & pics please.
Might add them to the LR build thread.
It's a 1956 107"
It began life in this town, moved 2hours away, got parked up 15years ago (still driving) and now I've bought it home.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Might add them to the LR build thread.
It's a 1956 107"
It began life in this town, moved 2hours away, got parked up 15years ago (still driving) and now I've bought it home.
Did you drive it onto the trailer, or did it need a push/pull with the tractor?

Did the owner give it to you for restoration (like the other one. not your one). Or did the person sell it to you?
What are the plans for it?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Did you drive it onto the trailer, or did it need a push/pull with the tractor?

Did the owner give it to you for restoration (like the other one. not your one). Or did the person sell it to you?
What are the plans for it?
Funny story,
It was parked here
IMG-20230701-WA0001.jpg
received_1278553322774606.jpeg

We pumped all tyres up to around 20psi with my small portable motorbike compressor (that I usually take to the drags). Although I did take 2 spare wheels and tyres incase any didn't take air.
Anyway, I am not tempted to start it after 15years willy-nilly. Infact I have not depressed the brake pedal yet.
Pulled it out with the tractor, and up the hill, and onto the trailer.
Jump over to the L-R thread to chat further about plans etc.