Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] VR/VS Fog Lamp Wiring Diagram

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
check to see if you have any metal contacts in the relay and fuse sockets, if u do, u'll have the wiring for it, but u wont have the plug where the switch plugs in

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
Hi
I have a VR V8 ute fitted with no wires so i have wired up from scratch as per Nickvr's diagram.
Everything i have tested works so far but i have not yet wired into the headlight switch.
I want to use them whenever i want so is the white and black wire in the headlight switch the correct one to use? Once i know which wire to use im right to finish the job off.
Chears Neil

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
If you want to use them whenever you want then wire number 4 and 5 to constant power. Should be able to find a constant power wire amongst your fuses below the steering column. It only goes to parkers so that they can only be turned on with those, and will turn them off when you open the door. If you wire it differently then they will stay on when you exit the vehicle.

Power to parkers wire is basically telling the lights that they are allowed to turn on, if they are wired to constant power then that access is always granted and can be turned on by the switch no matter what the conditions (lights or no lights) are.

Hope this makes sense for you.

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
Hi
Opps when i said i want to use them whenever i want i should of said, i want to use them with parkers low beam and high beam but have the fogs lights switch off when parkers go off.
After having a look under the dash if i probe the blue wire with a test light the park lights swich on.
Is it the correct one to use?
Many thanks Neil

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
If wired this way they will come on when ever you want. That is why you attach that wire to a parker wire because they are always on when you low and high beam are on. If wired exactly the wau described then they will turn off when parkers/headlights turn off either by the switch or when the ignition is turned off and you open the door. For the parker wire I use one of the illumination wires from the other dash switches (A/C, Demist or hazard). To find out which one to use connect you test light to an earth (any metal surface on the car will do). Then put the other side to a wire that you think will get power when the parkers turn on. Once you have selected the wire, turn on your parkers. If the test light, lights up when you turn your parkers and turns off when you turn them off then that is the right wire to tap into. I hope this small essay hasn't confused you and it makes sense for you.

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
Hi

I got it all working i followed diagram however when park lights turned on the orange light turned on and when spotlights switch was turned on the green light worked. I swapped 1 and 6 to go to parklight wire and 5 and 4 to the relay and its all fixed.
When car turns off and door opens all lights turn off :)
Many thanks Neil

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
So it all works? Good to hear.

r2e2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L ute
Hi

Photos before
kkkilll008.jpg

Photo after

utefront.jpg

All working fine now
Many thanks Neil

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Glad it worked out. Looks good mate well done.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais, VSII Senator 215i, VZ X8, WL Caprice
Sorry to bring up old stuff but I have the foglights,level 3 dash loom with foglight wiring,foglight wiring under the bonnet and a relay for them, should they work once they are fitted