Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] VR/VS Fog Lamp Wiring Diagram

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Not sure, best to just give it a go. Sounds like you have it easy when installing the lights.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais, VSII Senator 215i, VZ X8, WL Caprice
I have the
Level 3 dash loom with fog light wiring
Dash button
Suitable relay
Both lights
under bonnet wiring
Am i missing anything

drady_1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vt Wagon
Fog lights

I have a vs bt1 it has fog light wiring in front and a fuse in the fuse box under bonnet but has no fog light button I hook lights up and it's a constant power source how do I hook up to fog light in dash to use like normal which wires

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I am about to attempt this but I'd like to try something different.

I want the fog lights to turn off when opening the door but i would like to run the foglights with or with out the head lights or Parker's on. It's goin into my seriesIII vs ute and i do not have the small plugs or relay in my original wiring loom if that makes any difference.

Great write up and diagram tho, thanks mate :)

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Not sure how you would get that to work. The only reason the fog lights turn off with door opening is because they are wired with them using a signal wire. Something for an auto elec to sort out maybe.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Under the reo bar from memory.

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
I have mounted mine so the plastic sits under the reo bar and mounted the bar and it looks like they need to be lifted which makes me think I need to hook the brackets over the bottom part of the reo.

Also with the #87 on the relay, what is the best way to go about turning 1 wire into 2 for each fog light and what does the term "splice" mean and what is the best way to do that?

Cheers for the help and sorry about the silly questions :)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yea they mount on the bottom part of the two, there is a groove in the plastic to clear the bar that bolts to the chasis. Then the bolts go from the top down. This way if the nut comes loose ur fog light won't fall off completely.

To splice a wire is to remove some of the plastic to expose the wire, without cutting the wire in half.

Primate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hello, I just bought myself a VS Acclaim to tinker with as a hobby, I want to fit fog lights and I notice that the plugs are there already to plug the fog lights into. Can anyone tell me if that means that all I have to do is fit the lights, plug them in, fit the switch (I'm assuming that the wiring will be there for that as well) and I'm done? I haven't checked yet but I doubt that there'll be a relay there already but if that's all I need to do to get fog lights working I reckon I got off pretty light. I'd appreciate any info on this from anyone in the know. Cheers!