Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lando

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs clubsport
Hopefully someone can help. I'm completing a manual conversion in my vs club sport but for some reason the clutch will not disengage . I've checked the cable and pedal which all seems fine. But the clutch is stuck on the whole time. The clutch and thrust bearing are brand new. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
checked the ball height of the lever?

Lando

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs clubsport
On the fork? No I haven't. Can that cause the clutch to be engaged if that's not adjusted right?

Lando

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs clubsport
I've had the gearbox in and out about 6 times and everytime it goes in its like that fork is jamming the thrust bearing up against the clutch plate.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
On the fork? No I haven't. Can that cause the clutch to be engaged if that's not adjusted right?

Sure can.....If the bellhousing has an opening underneath, with the inspection plate off, it's an easy adjustment....The reason I say an opening at the bottom of the bellhousing is, I'm unsure of later model stuff...I have an early model commodore (VC) and it has it

Lando

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs clubsport
No inspection plate on this bell housing. Its a brand new heavy duty clutch so perhaps I will try adjusting the fork and go from there

Lando

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs clubsport
So I've just checked the fork with the cable off . there is no play in the fork. Feels like it is resting on the clutch. Is this normal or should there be some play

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Should be some play....Adjust the clutch fork, as Smitty suggested and away you go