Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Commodore - My diary.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Bet you cant wait for the day to beat on it like it owes ya money...then make it home without breaking anything lol

It's painfully long slow process when doing things the right way.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
It's painfully long slow process when doing things the right way.

lol your not wrong there....its turned into a lot more than the original cam and heads :rolleyes:

I have my t400 sitting at the workshop...it was booked in last week...the final weak spot solved (hopefully) and the day before I had a kid ride his bike in front of me. Luckily missed the little prick but made me think of the legalities so had to change the map and do the engineering side of things first. Damn Trans seems to forever be holding me back :rolleyes:

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
A couple of wheel shots I got today..

rear....

AAOQEOT9Gonww6GA4Wm8byB5fVDTxWOGAMTnJi7xxgQlC3JxbW25Gg2gG2esJDA6x6fTdRsERsCcIpPSTe85-r1PuEk886gN=s1600

front...
AAOQEOQu5M9NuJGoRu3hNgrcvUC39JoeF1lIGma1aPG625VFSIzya4BvYv5kVhQdoNGXeuVI2HjIQD59oHvyegJpENaA97k4iQ=s1600

front.
AAOQEOT6tfbcLx8wPlN1qNGJdAurWUpTW-OwA6yuCuRAUrCpYBk5206mCzJILxqATWJhbibFABgzVaLpYSD0mXTNEgISH6bCng=s1600

rear
AAOQEOSOdDSobietBommUrC_dmoplDXxwBT-YgibMgztLqPSwH1IoBBiS0tmV1oSobzJKM-VrnN6ypTc1HdAN3B3ab_v2_tixA=s1600

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Your going to need bigger and stickier tyres

Did you get the overdrive for the T400?

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, but it is on the too do list later down the track. I was just thinking about it today actually but Its a pretty big upgrade (expense wise) for a 4th gear. That and my house is beginning to fall down around me atm lol

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Rear needs some ve stockies & cheap rubber to shred...to test out that th400 properly.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
Small update for you guys but quite a large update coming for the car.
Had a bottom end bearing start to fall apart because I didn't have an oil cooler. So the decision was to pull the motor and refresh. I now have an oil cooler going on. There was no damage but the choice was to clean, linish and refresh everything.
I'm also putting in a supercharger cam as opposed to my original choice which was a crow 235/241 which was in my cammed motor that I enjoyed because it had some attitude. Stroked (capacity) took alot of that lump away anyway. Mechanic says that supercharger cam will sound the same with a decent sound...so happy with that with a little better breathing.
More boost going in (from roughly 7 to 12 to 14)
Have a 1000 rwhp rated turbo 400 going in. This is a bit of an eye opener for me for my first t400 shifter. I have a custom supercharged 3000-3500 converter made. Its still my daily after all but I feel that this converter will really transform my car from what I've been running.
Dropping my gears to 3.7's from 3.9's.
Putting in some hsv uprated axels
I was hoping to get into the 750 rwhp on 98 but I've sort of been brought back (expectations) to around 700 from the mechanic.
8 to 12 weeks I'm hoping to jump into a different car :)