Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM Statesman Subwoofer Install (High Level Output)

thefailinglawyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 WM Statesman V6 210Kw
Hi everyone,

First-time poster, long time reader. I am attaching a subwoofer install document that I have written out. This document intends to help people new to car audio wiring. It is a very basic guide that applies to the WM Statesman/Caprice and variants of the VE model that have parcel shelf speakers (i.,e, clubsport etc).

I stress that I am by no means an auto-electrician but after finding such little information about wiring an aftermarket amp in, I thought I would share my experience with my high-level input setup. I have a small section regarding 'high-level input harnesses' rather than the now commonly seen high-level rca input adapters (like mine - see amp). I have also included LOC information, though I must clarify again that I did NOT use this method and can therefore not give good advice. My comments are merely presumptuous.

If you read through it, you will notice that I have emphasised something if I am *uncertain* about it. The most important part of my basic guide is the wiring colours. I did wire into the rear parcel shelf subs, which should evidence that it is a pre-amped, though I have had absolutely NO issues with the system, it pumps VERY hard, and the factory subs still work as well.

I have installed numerous subs through low-level RCA outputs but this one by far hits the best. I was sceptical about the OEM head unit, but the flexibility in the sound control/tuning is adequate.

My setup includes:
  • Subwoofer: Pioneer TS-A300B A-SERIES 12″ Ported Enclosure (2 Ohm)
  • Amplifier: Pioneer GM-D8701 Mono 1600W CLASS-D Amplifier
Please read through the entire document before attempting this yourself. I reiterate and disclose that I am not an auto-electrician and must emphasise that you should proceed with caution when altering the OEM stereo system. Notwithstanding no arising issues in my system, this does not mean yours will be the same. If this post receives extensive criticism I will remove it, so I welcome feedback. If you see an issue or omitted detail in this guide that is paramount to the procedure, understanding, or safety of potential users, do not hesitate to comment and I will make the appropriate alteration to the document.

Attachments

• How to install an amplifier and subwoofer into a WM Statesman.pdf
    442.1 KB · Views: 96

Aw yea

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
Best write up ever Thankyou