Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Car not starting when warm

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Another problem to add to my growing list. Car starts fine when dead cold. Once its been running for a while, if i leave try to start it again, or even leave it for half an hour, it just wont start again. the longer i leave it, the cooler it gets and it starts a bit easier. if its hot, it just cranks over and over again, sometimes the tacho jumps up and down a bit, but with a bit of accelerator, it can sometimes start. no idea where to start looking

its starting to cause problems at servos. it starts fine when roll starting also. if i cant start it by key, i rollstart and it fires straight away

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
hehe I've been telling stocky for months his module or coil or dizy is rooted and causing all his problems but he wont listen but whatever it is will totaly fail soon and then he will know for sure what it is :)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
ueaj i think i need to swap over with someones module while my car is still warm and see what happens

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Long shot but with the new cam will the map sensor start causing you issues like that if its not 100% setup right. Failing that keep a can of aero start in the car to start her on those embarrasing moments.
Also not sure if you tried it, but if it wont start dont keep kicking it, just turn the key 2 twice to let the pump prime twice over then start it. It helps my car at times when it stalls if its hot.
Also is your fuel pressure reg working properly. Got no idea how you'd test it but you'll need a guage atleast.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
hmm might try that. cause at the moment, it will crank and crank and crank, then a slight fire, tap throttle as bit, couple more fires and then starts running. only sometimes though. othertimes it just runs down the battery and i stop. roll start it starts up right away all the time. im not sure if it could be the pump or battery or something electrical

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My neighbours statesman was the same got worse and worse for about 12 months, failed when hot, came good when cold etc. Ended up being the hall effect sensor, he went through a module coil and ecu first. A new dizzy fixed it. But that doesn't mean it's the same thing in yours :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
How could his manifold leak, it's only just been put on, unless the guys that shaved it failed

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
whats this? yes my manifold must be leaking. well i better dispose of it and go buy myself a torque power dual plane :)