Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch fork position issue

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
We had a thread on this several months ago and l can't remember what the fix was. Bugger. Good luck.
There was a thread about a cable setup & a hydraulic setup? One was a push setup & other was a pull setup?

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
There was a thread about a cable setup & a hydraulic setup? One was a push setup & other was a pull setup?
Mate l thought that there was one about the clutch not engaging as well. On a side note have you watched Breaker Morrant yet.
A good Aussie Movie about the Boar War. Rule 303 got them into a spot of bother. Cheers.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You may need to wind the pivot out or your clutch cable may have stretched.

Are the T5 throwout bearings directional? I've had other cars where there's a raised lip on one side.

Cammed 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss, 5L vn calais
You may need to wind the pivot out or your clutch cable may have stretched.

Are the T5 throwout bearings directional? I've had other cars where there's a raised lip on one side.
Yup theyre directional they have slots that the bearing sits in on the fork, yeah that was my thinking but after abit of research i found a thread that gave the measurements from the pivot point to the front and another measurement to the back of the bellhousing its weird ive done quite afew in my time this is the first time ive come across this issue

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yup theyre directional they have slots that the bearing sits in on the fork, yeah that was my thinking but after abit of research i found a thread that gave the measurements from the pivot point to the front and another measurement to the back of the bellhousing its weird ive done quite afew in my time this is the first time ive come across this issue

The way I adjusted the pivot point at the fork, was in the car....Had the cable hooked up with adjustment on the cable, then wound the pivot ball out, stopping after a few turns to check if the clutch pedal was level with the brake pedal height....

Yes it was a little time consuming but achieved the end result

Cammed 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss, 5L vn calais
The way I adjusted the pivot point at the fork, was in the car....Had the cable hooked up with adjustment on the cable, then wound the pivot ball out, stopping after a few turns to check if the clutch pedal was level with the brake pedal height....

Yes it was a little time consuming but achieved the end result
Howd ya do it in the car? The theres no way to access it or did you have some one small arms reach from the bottom through where the dust sheild bolts on?

Just has me stumped it was fine in the previous car it was in then i did the clutch just bolt off bolt on no ajusting ran fine but this time round for some reason im having no luck also side note its the exact same clutch as the previous one

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Howd ya do it in the car? The theres no way to access it or did you have some one small arms reach from the bottom through where the dust sheild bolts on?

Just has me stumped it was fine in the previous car it was in then i did the clutch just bolt off bolt on no ajusting ran fine but this time round for some reason im having no luck also side note its the exact same clutch as the previous one

I used a pair of vice grips to grab the shaft of the ball and turned it that way.

Yes painful but doable

Cammed 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss, 5L vn calais
I used a pair of vice grips to grab the shaft of the ball and turned it that way.

Yes painful but doable
Sweet as ill play around with if this weekend and hopefully get it sorted been a real pain in the ass ae

Pistol881

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN BT1 5.0
Hey Cammed
Sweet as ill play around with if this weekend and hopefully get it sorted been a real pain in the ass ae
hey mate did you end up sorting this I just put in a box and having the same issue ?